The Key Strength of Wipro identified by HFS:
- Organization: Wipro restructured its organization to simplify to four strategic marketing units (Americas 1, Americas 2, Europe, and APMEA) and two global business lines, iDEAS (domain and consulting, applications and data, engineering and R&D, and Wipro digital) and iCORE (cloud infrastructure, digital operations, risk and enterprise cybersecurity). Healthcare and medical devices, life sciences, and industry are a part of America 1. Life sciences streams contribute 12% to 15% of Wipro’s overall revenue, its second-largest industry segment.
- Growth: Wipro had double-digit growth consistently over the last several years, suggesting the strength of its strategy and execution. Wipro's investments in domain experts, thought leaders, consulting partners, and transformation models leveraging artificial intelligence, machine learning, cognitive, digital, and automation technologies reflect this growth. Acquisitions have expanded its portfolio.
- Go-to-market: Wipro’s capabilities across the value chain provide effective options for delivering services or potentially becoming a pharma or a CRO. This competence augurs well to integrate a full stack of emerging tech-enabled products such as Digital Integrated Clinical Enterprise (DICE), virtual trials driven by AI, and advanced data analytics and digital technologies. Incorporating innovation acceleration in new deals supports continuous transformation.
- Talent management: Wipro has taken a two-pronged approach to internal talent development through continuous education and skilling programs with certifications and partnering with Top Gear (crowdsourcing) initiatives to better leverage skills and talent available worldwide.
- Outcomes: Wipro captures various KPIs, including accuracy and timeliness index, first pass yield, CSAT/NPS, and customer happiness index. Wipro’s engagement platforms measure the impact they can create for the customers.
- Voice of the customer: Clients have applauded Wipro for its insight, collaboration, know-how attitude, and steady upgrade of skills.