Gartner has highlighted Wipro as a Representative Vendor within the supply chain planning (SCP) system integrator (SI) market. The market is composed of consultants and service providers that can configure, integrate, implement and upgrade SCP applications. SCP SIs may also offer additional services, ranging from strategy, change management and business consulting to IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) services. SIs can make recommendations and help design and drive process changes to help with vendor selection, and offer a variety of implementation services.
“Wipro is a global professional services provider founded in 1945 and headquartered in Bangalore, India. It has an extensive global presence and anticipates further global growth following its implementation of Strategic Market Units, with a distinct emphasis on the Middle East markets. Beyond SCP, Wipro’s support extends into factory operations planning and factory optimization. It bundles SCP cloud with manufacturing cloud to pursue insight-driven manufacturing.
Wipro has a strong vision for supply chain solutions to continue to move to the cloud. Its differentiated product strategy consists of cloud assessments, implementation and support. Additionally, BPO is a significant part of its service. Wipro has multiple pricing models including fixed price, outcome/SLA-based pricing, milestone-based pricing and bundled pricing.”
The report highlights the accelerating shift toward automation, the imperative to transition to the cloud, and the need for industry- and subject-area-specific skills as three key factors affecting supply chain planning decisions. The report notes that 72% of the supply chain leaders they surveyed report that their company has already implemented digital supply chain initiatives, while the other 28% plan to implement them within the next two years.
“The findings suggest that the SCP SI market will continue to be strong over the next two-plus years,” the report concludes, “as new solutions are deployed and in-place solutions are refined and scale.”