Inclusion and diversity are intrinsic to Wipro’s business. We are committed to developing an inclusive supply chain that mirrors the communities and consumers it serves.
We believe that diverse businesses should have an equal opportunity to compete for contracts and subcontracts held by Wipro. Wipro promises to support diverse businesses in all its business geographies by sourcing goods and services from diverse suppliers as much as possible. To deepen our engagements, we have launched two flagship programs to support small and diverse businesses, with the following objectives:
- To strengthen businesses owned, managed, and operated by entrepreneurs belonging to historically under-represented communities
- To discover suitable suppliers by widening the ambit of sourcing, promoting innovation and client satisfaction
- To enhance the resilience and sustainability of the Wipro supply chain
What constitutes a diverse supplier?
Wipro recognizes businesses as diverse when they are certified to be at least 50% owned, controlled, and managed by individuals belonging to any of following categories:
- Minorities and groups eligible for the local government’s affirmative action program
- Women-owned businesses
- Persons with disabilities
- Service veterans and disabled service veterans
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB Zone)
- Micro, small, or medium enterprises
- To participate in Wipro’s Supplier Diversity program, diverse suppliers must:
- Share with us, a valid certification from government bodies or other appropriate agencies
- Actively participate in Wipro Inclusive Supplier Development and Mentorship (WISDOM) program and other similar events organized from time to time
- Track and report spend with their own certified diverse suppliers down the line
Wipro Inclusive Supplier Development & Mentorship (WISDOM) Program
The WISDOM program is designed to provide management and technical support to diverse suppliers to help them strengthen their businesses and obtain scalability and sustainability in their operations.
At the start of each program, a collective session is addressed by a Wipro senior leader who outlines importance of diversity and inclusion in Wipro business.
Each collective session is followed by a deeper one-on-one conversation between a supplier and the Wipro Supplier Diversity Led to identify the barriers and enablers of doing business with Wipro.
The same barriers and enablers are discussed, and solutions are proposed in the final round of WISDOM in the presence of the respective buying leader, with commitment to periodic review.
Wipro Inclusion & Diversity Opportunity for Vendors (WINDOV)
To establish a direct connect with diverse suppliers beyond any barriers and to fast-track empanelment, Wipro has launched a series of virtual Wipro Inclusion and Diversity Opportunity for Vendors (WINDOV) conclaves.
After a basic screening, suppliers are invited to present their capabilities directly to Wipro purchase managers, thereby obtaining spot recommendations for empanelment if successful.
In the last concluded US conclave, as per the unique WINDOV format, we reached out to about 2,000 diverse suppliers and, recommended several diverse businesses belonging to Disabled Veterans, Women, Black Americans, and other minorities, for empanelment in the Wipro supply chain.
Wipro will periodically review the impact of its Supplier Diversity initiatives and reserves the right to augment any part of the strategy to reach its supplier diversity goals.
If you are a certified diverse supplier and want to participate in our program, please register your interest here: