Diversity and inclusion are intrinsic to Wipro’s business. We are committed to developing an inclusive supply chain that mirrors communities and consumers it serves.
We believe that diverse businesses shall have equal opportunity to compete for contracts and subcontracts held by Wipro. Wipro promises to support diverse businesses in all its business geographies by sourcing goods and services from diverse businesses as much as possible. However, to deepen our engagements, we have launched two flagship programs to support small and diverse businesses with following objectives:
- To strengthen businesses owned, managed, and operated by entrepreneurs belonging to historically underrepresented communities
- To discover suitable suppliers by widening the ambit of sourcing, promoting innovation and client satisfaction
- To enhance resilience and sustainability of the Wipro supply chain
What constitutes a diverse supplier?
Wipro recognizes businesses as diverse when they are at least 51% owned, managed, and operated by individuals identifying with any of following categories:
- Minorities and groups eligible for the local government’s affirmative action program
- Persons with disabilities
- Veterans and Disabled veterans
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB)
- Micro, small, or medium enterprises
To participate in Wipro’s Supplier Diversity Program, diverse suppliers must:
- Share valid certifications from government bodies or other appropriate agencies
- Track and report their own diverse spend (if any) in relation to Wipro requirements
- Actively participate in the Wipro Inclusive Supplier Development and Mentorship (WISDOM) program and other related events organized from time to time
Wipro Inclusive Supplier Development & Mentorship (WISDOM) Program
The WISDOM program is designed to provide management and technical support to diverse suppliers to help them strengthen their businesses and obtain scalability and sustainability in their operations.
Interested suppliers participate in introductory collective session, wherein Wipro business leaders discuss various aspects of business management. Each collective session will be followed by deeper one-on-one conversations between a supplier and relevant Wipro procurement managers to reduce barriers in doing business with Wipro.
Wipro Inclusion & Diversity Opportunity for Vendors (WINDOV)
- TO establish direct connect with diverse suppliers beyond any barriers, Wipro has launched series of Wipro Inclusion and Diversity Opportunity for Vendors (WINDOV) conclaves. Our intent is to organize such virtual WINDOV Conclaves at least once a quarter in various Wipro business geographies to organically increase the pool of diverse suppliers in our global supply chain.
- In the last concluded US conclave, as per the unique WINDOV format we recommended several diverse businesses belonging to Disabled Veterans, Women, Black Americans, and other minorities, for empanelment in Wipro supply chain.
- Close to 2,000 entities were contacted to participate, and 61 entities were shortlisted to make presentations to Wipro panel during the conclave.
- These businesses were either certified by National Minority Supplier Development Council, USA or they were part of the NYNJ business directory of Disabled Veterans.
Wipro will regularly and periodically review the impact of the Supplier Diversity Program and reserves the right to augment any part of the strategy to reach its supplier diversity goals.