The ISG Provider Lens™ — Utilities Industry — Services and Solutions 2021 — North America provides an assessment of the expertise and strategies of selected enterprises serving the utilities industry across North America. It specifically rates companies’ digital transformation services and solutions, next-gen IT services, and intelligent business process management services.
Based on ISG’s analysis, Wipro is rated as a Leader.
Wipro’s strengths, according to ISG, include the following:
- A utilities-specific digital platform: “Wipro plays a vital role in reimagining business models for its utilities clients. The company uses B-FAST, its proprietary digital platform that encompasses architectures, applications, tools and frameworks, to leverage the opportunities presented by distributed generation, consumer demand for digital experiences and new business models. Many of its clients have benefited immensely from the platform with faster ROIs.” ISG also points out that Wipro’s digital transformation credentials are further amplified by expertise in emerging technologies like blockchain through the Energy Web Foundation and a strong commitment to innovation enabled through Wipro Ventures for bringing innovative solutions.
- A growing presence in the US: With a “comprehensive offering” for power, gas, water and wastewater utilities, Wipro addresses a broad range of capabilities across IT and business process services.
- A 360-degree IT service portfolio: Wipro is “helping electricity and gas utilities drive transformation across generation and renewables, transmission and distribution, smart metering and smart grid technologies, customer billing and retail, energy trading, risk management, and environment, health and safety.” This is enabled by Wipro HOLMES, which is described as a homegrown automation and AI offering.
- A comprehensive services portfolio: Our portfolio makes Wipro “an ideal partner for water and wastewater utilities. These companies want to build digital and innovative capabilities and deploy best-in-class solutions for business transformation, customer care, smart metering, field mobility, predictive maintenance, regulatory compliance, treatment plan optimization, pollution prevention, sewer flooding prediction, leak detection, and water quality monitoring.”
- Deep industry domain knowledge: “Wipro has a strong utilities practice that was incubated more than two decades ago. The sector contributes close to 50 percent of Wipro’s ENU business revenue. It has a robust offering in the utilities intelligent BPM space, covering migration services, digital customer experience, end-to-end back-office asset management services, intelligent process automation, document and design digitization solutions and much more. The company delivers iBPM solutions and services to customers in North America through its strategic partnership with Alight Solutions.”