Everest Group presented a detailed analysis and assessment of 18 Healthcare BPS service providers in this study. It provides:
- The relative positioning
- A comparison of the service providers’ capabilities
- Evaluation of the providers’ strengths and limitations.
“The disruption in the healthcare industry caused by COVID-19 accelerated the adoption of new-gen technologies, such as AI-driven automation exponentially, as enterprises suffered revenue and branding losses,” said Ankur Verma, Practice Director, Healthcare and Life Sciences Practice, Everest Group. “The post-pandemic priorities of buyers have centered around newer innovations; intelligent automation being a focal point among tech innovations. Wipro, with its strategic alliances and key partnerships with leading third-party technology vendors, has helped it mark itself as a strong player in this area. Its persistent focus on increasing bot scalability, nurturing digital talent through initiatives such as Digital Academy, and push toward output/outcome-based impact has placed it as one of the Leaders on Everest Group’s Intelligent Automation in Healthcare – Solutions PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2022.”
Everest Group has called out a few key strengths -
- Wipro has developed an ecosystem of strategic alliance and partnership with leading third-party technology vendors such as Automation Anywhere, Pega, Blue Prism, and Work Fusion. This ecosystem covers different facets of automation such as RPA, IDP, conversational AI, and process mining to drive value and reduce costs across the payer and provider value chain.
- Wipro has increased its capability under RCM on the BPS front for automation-enabled partner-led solutions in claims remittance, payment posting, and billing. They have achieved this expansion by penetrating deep into the payer market and efficiently leveraging their resources. This incremental competence has increased Wipro’s overall presence in BPO and enabled access to a new provider client base. Wipro has seen one of the highest percentage increases in healthcare BPO clients compared to other players.
- The scalability of bots for Wipro is on the higher side, translating to the fact that they generally deploy more bots per client than their peers. Over 50% of Wipro's clients have an active deployment of over 25 bots. Also, compared to its peers, Wipro has more clients leveraging cognitive automation.
- Wipro has launched Wipro Digital to build a strong team of digital engineers that can deliver dynamic and innovative automation services on the fly. The establishment of this digital academy denotes an increased focus on developing human capital and has been a step in the right direction for enhancing automation-related capabilities.
- Since most of Wipro's healthcare contracts are outcome or output-based, its focus on developing capabilities is necessary to create the best possible solutions for their clients, assuring end-to-end accountability.
- Buyers have cited proactiveness, ideation capability, and collaboration as Wipro’s key strengths.