“In efforts to expand the scale of operations along with cutting costs, several capital markets enterprises are looking to outsource various functions such as client onboarding, trade management and data management,” said Dheeraj Maken, Practice Director, Everest Group. “Leveraging its scale of operations in pre-trade and trade functions and recent investments in compliance offerings, Wipro has won deals with buyers across established as well as emerging geographical markets. Clients mentioned its domain expertise and operational flexibility as the key reasons for engaging with Wipro. Owing to these capabilities, it has been identified as a Leader in Everest Group’s Capital Markets Operations PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2023.”
Everest Group has called out the following points as Wipro’s key strengths:
- Wipro, with its considerable scale of operations, has successfully captured the ongoing demand from buy-side clientele including wealth and alternative asset managers as well as market infrastructure participants such as financial data providers.
- Wipro’s acquisition of Capco has helped bring in innovative technologies such as Platform Zero, a low-code automation solution for asset managers that covers processes such as account opening and onboarding, fund purchases, and disputes.
- It has also expanded its partnership ecosystem on the regulatory front to include vendors such as Gresham, Heliocor and Featurespace.
- Its market presence spans all major geographies as well as in emerging regions such as LATAM and MEA, and it fares better than some of its direct peers. It also has a healthy mix of clients across all buyer sizes.
- Referenced buyers have appreciated the domain expertise and flexibility that Wipro brings to the table.