Many cloud transformations fail. Unless you are born cloud native, it is challenging to drive cloud-enabled transformation.
Businesses start their cloud journey with an infrastructure and cost focus and become disillusioned when costs explode. Yet, those costs can be justified only if there are clear business objectives for transformation projects. How can we help organizations finally capture business value from their often steep investments in cloud transformation?
To better understand how organizations capture business value from their cloud investments, HFS Research, in partnership with Wipro, interviewed 10 CIOs of Global 2000 enterprises in Q1 2023. This report focuses on understanding how the CIO role is changing through the adoption of cloud. HFS supplemented the CIO interviews with deep-dive interviews and discussions with the Wipro cloud leadership team, which shared experiences and offered best practices.
Some key findings from the report are:
- Most transformations failed as people and culture presented the biggest challenge and opportunity for IT leaders
- IT leaders own nearly two-thirds (63%) of cloud-native transformations
- Transformation must be anchored in business objectives
- Cloud is becoming a business discussion
- Don’t retrofit cloud into traditional operating models