Client: A leading automotive company
Areas of operations: Global
Number of employees: Over 200,000
Business users of the client often requested for changes in the master data over phone calls and emails. All these requests went through validation and multi-layered approvals before the changes could be made in the master data. This was an error-prone and highly time-consuming manual process. In addition, end users had to log a ticket with the L1 team to make these changes in SAP. These requests were highly critical to the business, as delays in updations could lead to potential revenue loss.
The client envisioned a digital transformation journey through automation, thereby bringing in enhanced user experience along with higher operational efficiency.
Wipro enabled automation of the client’s data management, and modernization of process workflows and queries through AI-powered Wipro HOLMETM Chat solution.
- Identified key intents and time-consuming activities that could be automated in the space of application services
- Leveraged Wipro HOLMES™ chat solution to respond to users’ queries using its NLP and ML sub-fields capable of reasoning, learning, planning, etc.
- Integrated chat solution with Skype for Business and executed tasks on the target SAP system at the back-end as per requests from users
- Trained the chatbot with specific conversation scenarios, which were mutually agreed upon for these intents
Some of the use cases that went live are:
- Vehicle identification numbers were updated based on the commission number
- Amend flags were updated based on user input post authorization
- Primary/secondary status of vehicle was updated based on the commission number
Till date, Wipro has implemented 19 intents for the client in hybrid deployment mode and deployment is in progress for another two intents. Integration of ‘chat solution' with other bots using the ‘Connected Bot Story’ is under consideration.
Wipro’s hybrid deployment methodology reduced the project deployment timeline to 7 weeks from an estimated 12 weeks. This was achieved through continuous delivery and testing with the end-customer. Wipro HOLMES Chat solution targeted the most time-consuming and least-effective processes, and that benefited the following aspects of the automotive business:
- Efficiency: Timely execution of about 70% of the transactions by Wipro HOLMES Chat has led to high adoption rate of the chat solution. About 1000 transactions per month are processed using the 19 intents already deployed. This has reduced the risk of revenue loss due to lead-time reduction and timely data updates.
- Productivity: Significant reduction in the volume of transactions handled by the support group for SAP updates due to the implementation of the virtual agent.
- User experience: Natural interaction capability, seamless assistance and real time notification have enhanced end-user experience.
- Fast turn-around-time: With HOLMES automation, end users are able to make changes to SAP by themselves in few seconds.
AI powered Wipro HOLMESTM helped the client undergo successful digital transformation through automation of multi-layered approvals and mundane manual tasks. Our deep experience and usage of hybrid deployment model helped our client achieve the desired results quickly
-Suresh Kakkar, Head of CIS Automation Practice, Wipro Limited