- Client Description: A Fortune 500 technology company
- Industry: Business services
- Products/services: Customer engagement, customer information management, global e-commerce, location intelligence, and mailing and shipping services
- Area of operations: Global
The client was growing at a rapid rate due to multiple acquisitions across the globe, resulting in manual and siloed processes. The company was looking to automate and consolidate its infrastructure and processes to overcome operational challenges - such as poor resolution time, resulting from a large IT landscape and extensive manual intervention.
The challenges included:
- 4.8 hours to resolve 90% of the alerts that were related to Unix and Wintel servers.
- 83 hours to resolve service requests, including activities such as access provisioning, email configuration, and user on-boarding and off- boarding.
- Approximately 7.5 hours to resolve over 600 tickets related to messaging retention policy
- Five minutes per ticket to resolve requests for password reset.
- 48 hours to resolve requests related to contractor deadline extension.
Wipro leveraged HOLMESTM, its cognitive computing system, to automate manual activities and end-user requests such as user on-boarding, adding a user to an existing mailbox, and so on. An orchestration solution was used to create automated workflows and simplified management.
- The orchestrator delivered automation for various non-ticketed activities such as unutilized capacity management of persistent Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- Deployed Wipro HOLMESTM endpoint solution Credential Administrator, for password reset, in order to enhance end-user experience.
- Wipro HOLMESTM Analytics – Operations Insight, helped standardize service governance by offering a consolidated view of day-to-day IT operations.
- Wipro HOLMESTM Alert Manager enabled management of isolated alerts that were being forwarded to mailbox and logged as tickets in remedy.
Wipro transformed the traditional people-dependent processes of the tech company into an automated, proactive and efficient operational model. The solution helped the client embark on an automation journey, resulting in the following benefits:
Enhanced process efficiency
- More than doubled the work order volume handling capacity - up to 4,222 per month from 1,900 per month earlier
- 20% reduction in false positive alerts
- Automated 41% of workload using process and provision orchestrations bots
- Saved 11,497 man-hours per month
Rapid ticket resolution
- Automated 50% of ticketed requests which previously required manual intervention including:
- 90% of the emails sent to help desk
- 40% of the alerts generated by monitoring tools
- 30% of the service requests fulfilled by service catalogs
- 40% reduction in password reset calls
Faster time to response
- 2x faster response to alerts generated by monitoring tools
- 100% improvement in average resolution time for service requests
- More than 99% improvement in response time to business users in access provisioning, email configuration, onboarding and off-boarding
- 32-hour reduction in access provisioning by slashing time taken for resolution from 1,920 minutes per task to 4.2 minutes per task
- Reduction in service restart cycle time from 8.5 hours to just 6 minutes
“After an in-depth understanding of the client’s objective, Wipro HOLMESTM transformed the traditional people-centric processes into an automated, proactive and efficient operational model. Wipro used its cognitive capabilities in supporting end-to-end, comprehensive infrastructure services, through enhanced process efficiency, rapid ticket resolution and faster resolution time.”
Pavan Agrawal, Vice President - IT Management Group, Wipro Ltd.