Client: A large US-based bank
Industry: Financial services
Products or Services: Retail banking, credit cards, loans, savings
Areas of operations: Worldwide
Number of employees: Over 40,000
The client wanted to embark on a cloud transformation journey by exiting on-premises data centers and moving all platforms and applications to the cloud. The strategy was to set up an ETL tool on Cloud. The applications that were to be migrated to cloud had to be tested before migration. However, the testing environment was not ready for the requirement. Due to manual provisioning of testing environments, application release was delayed, and incurred high operation effort and cost.
The need was to enable automation of the test environment to improve the cycle time, reduce the time to release and drive successful cloud migration.
Wipro enabled infrastructure validation for cloud migrations using its accelerator solutions. Cloud assurance validation was accomplished through operating system upgrading and patch validations with focus on automated operating system validations including non-functional attributes like performance and security.
- Application validation for functional (sanity test), performance (scalability, availability), security (vulnerability) aspects
- Independent quality assurance services for all provisioning services - Network, operating system
- Preplace compliance and quality assurance checklist for operating system, database and web service
- Quality checks during and after VMware ESX server provisioning activities
- Identification of activities/services apt for automation
The usage of automated IP accelerators fast-forwarded the OS upgrade process by about 25%. The client was able to improve cadence through OS upgrades of servers, which led to minimal security vulnerabilities and cyber-attacks. Test environment automation allowed the bank to streamline repetitive tasks, and reduce release time and overall operation efforts.
- Over 99% first time right in identifying and reporting issues post OS upgrade/patch server validation
- Business downtime reduced by about 10% (implies reduction in tickets/cases) and system’s predictability improved post upgrade
- 25% effort saving in OS provisioning, 51% cost savings in year one in production readiness activities and 30% productivity benefit and cost savings in quality assurance activities
- Reduction in time to market due to improved provisioning cycle time
“Our client wanted to move all its operations from legacy data centers to the cloud. Our accelerator helped to fast forward the upgrade process timeline by 25%.”
- Harish Krishnan, General Manager, Cloud Infrastructure Services, Wipro