Client: A multinational company
Products/Services: Steel products, machines and industrial services, elevator systems, trains and shipbuilding, etc.
Area of operations: Worldwide
Number of employees: Over 1, 50, 000
The client’s strategic focus was on sustainable value creation for their end customers. Their existing WAN service provider was unable to meet the challenges posed by the legacy network. The challenges included:
- Their existing network infrastructure, which was a complex WAN architecture with more than 100 VRFs, was unable to get the desired value from IT, leading to high bandwidth costs and underutilized backup circuits.
- Limited network visibility and minimal control of application traffic transmitted over WAN, and excess processes creating lead time delays and interlocks.
The client was looking for the right technology solution for simplifying their network operations and wanted a partner with network management expertise, industry-leading processes and strong execution capability in order to help them optimize their network infrastructure and manage their priorities efficiently.
The client conducted a thorough evaluation of available SD-WAN products. After extensive market research, the client selected Wipro as their partner based on Wipro’s proven track record in SD-WAN implementation and their dedicated SD-WAN CoE that houses multiple OEM products to resolve the existing challenges and take ownership of the client’s network.
- Collaborated with client executives to deploy Palo Alto Networks SD-WAN solution at their sites. allowed the client to utilize any transport, seamlessly integrate the cloud, reduce cost and complexity, implement digital transformation and align their WAN with business policies for performance, security, and compliance
- Wipro conducted pilot SD-WAN implementations at 10 sites with specific circumstances. With proven success, the solution was implemented across 400+ sites globally
- Integrated Zscaler Services and application wise load balancing on WAN/Application aware routing
- Reduced MPLS usage, increased internet, and optimized IP VPN usage
Wipro and Palo Alto Networks provided a stable network environment with SD-WAN to support the client’s growing business and drastically brought down WAN costs. Advanced analytics allowed the client to pull up any site dashboard showing traffic, high bandwidth applications, server response time etc. Improved reporting also enabled chargeback to business units based on application-wise bandwidth consumption. The notable outcomes were:
- 40% reduction in WAN costs by combining broadband with business internet and optimizing utilization of dormant bandwidth
- 40% improved bandwidth availability without additional WAN costs
- 50% to 90% increased troubleshooting rates with native app and network visibility
- Enriched staff productivity with zero-touch deployments
- Better WAN reporting and view
- Better reporting and chargeback mechanism for business units