Client: A top financial services company
Industry: Financial services
Area of operation: Global
Products: Asset management, servicing and administration, research and trading, financial data analytics and insurance
Employees: Over 35,000
The financial services leader faced major challenges in delivering superior end-user experience. Excessive application downtime due to hardware issues and user downtime resulting from connectivity issues led to inconsistent user experience. A highly complex architecture, application management issues across devices and lack of regular patching as part of configuration management further compounded the situation.
The client realized the need for a new IT infrastructure strategy to improve service efficiency and availability and to deliver enhanced user experience.
The client chose to partner with Wipro due to its proven offering VirtuaDesk, a complete desktop virtualization solution underpinned by Cloud architecture, to create a high-performance and cost-effective way of delivering desktop-as-a-service.
Wipro designed a highly available and scalable platform built in partnership with Dell-Nutanix and Citrix to optimize and streamline application services for 57,000 users. Some of the major highlights of the solution were:
- A dedicated customer experience Center of Excellence underpinned by year on year continuous improvement metrics
- Wipro’s proprietary ServiceNXTTM framework for operations management, supported round the clock by dedicated offshore delivery centers to enable resilient, business-aligned and cost-efficient IT applications delivery
- End user experience monitoring and diagnostics solution Stratusphere, augmented with predictive analytics, to provide user-centric visibility across platforms and workspace
- Customized self-service portals and real time monitoring of the DaaS environment for efficiency and insights
- A rich knowledge management portal integrated with the client’s ITSM framework to store and disperse solutions and trouble-shooting resources
Migration of 57,000 users to the new highly scalable platform improved service efficiency and availability and brought in superior end-user experience
- 99.99% uptime with single point of accountability and improved service delivery parameters
- 15% reduction in incidents in the first 18 months through in-built automation and service improvements
- Two times enhancement in end user experience driven by real time monitoring of critical parameters and trend dashboards.
- Payment transparency and predictability with pay-per-user pricing model
- 1.5-fold improvement in end user productivity
Wipro stepped in as a strategic partner to help optimize and streamline application services. This helped the client reduce incidents, enhance user experience and enable 99.99% uptime.
- Seshu GV, General Manager, Cloud & Infrastructure Services, Wipro