- Industry type: Health Services
- Key Products & Services: Medical Insurance
- Geography of Operations: Global
- Number of Employees: 40,000+
A 200+ year old global health services company with a customer base of close to 100 million wanted to address major projects with ad hoc requests in parallel. The requests included tasks like data mining, smoke testing, ticketing, regression suite testing, etc.
To transform testing, there was a need to identify as many as 115 critical business test flows across 57+ applications. These test flows were then to be modeled to create a view of how the claim process works and generate test designs. Furthermore, all quality check activities for the year were to be addressed that included the compilation of a regression bank for all Core Ops – Gateway, Provider, Reimbursement, and RDS.
To overcome these issues, the company had to deploy codes a week earlier than planned and reserve capacity for the scrum team to resolve them. This was necessary to mitigate any unforeseen changes to the deliverable timelines.
Wipro worked with the company to conceptualize, architect, and develop scalable value Stream Automation solution. Leveraging our integrated QE platform, AssureNXT, we delivered a platform with a suite of automation solutions across the testing life cycle. Moreover, we successfully accomplished the quality check activities planned for the year and resolved all the environmental issues.
We automated the test cases in sprint, regression, and value streams; along with standardization of tools and optimization of license. This included-
- Test summary reports (at project level) with all the required metrics and defect counts (split by severity, environment, etc.)
- Daily activity reports to simplify overall status of the work items and track progress at project and release level
- Test Execution for system integration and release regions with full ownership of data tracking, issue follow-up, and smoke test on early timelines
- Ad hoc requests (data validation, troubleshooting on new requirements, replication of issues) with defined duration that guarantees proper follow-up (reception of request, discrepancy / positive response, evidence to certify results)
Wipro helped the company achieve seamless automation and reduce manual testing efforts to facilitate agile projects and boost quality. The final outcome was-
- Agile automation for 14+ Scrum Teams that required fast delivery and decreased time-to-market
- Process improvements along with consolidation and optimization of tools
- Establishment of business value meter framework and bi-directional traceability for 8,000+ test cases
- Close to 45% business was captured in Wipro AssureNXT solution for Provider Value Stream and 57+ projects started to run the solution for both design and execution