The company, a pharmaceutical major, has drug manufacturing, development and research as its key focus areas. The company has operations in the US, the UK and Asia. With products available in over 170 countries and net sales close to about $50 billion as of December 2015, the company boasts of a workforce in excess of 120,000.
Innovation and advancement have revolutionized IT services and processes for the pharmaceutical industry. Growth of secure Cloud-based application services, mobile interactions and digitization of clinical data have improved process effectiveness and time to market.
The company was looking to migrate from legacy platforms to newer ones that would provide their employees the agility in their daily operations. They also needed a platform which would comply with the statutory and regulatory requirements of a pharma company.
Wipro enabled the business transformation for the pharma major by moving workloads and users from existing legacy systems (SharePoint 2010) to Office 365 (SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online). With our expertise in rolling out Digital Workplace solutions, we helped set up an enterprise-level collaboration platform for better operational efficiencies.
Wipro used the Core-Flex delivery model to execute the transformation program.
- Redesigned application using Cloud App Model
- Made way for SharePoint Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Development Standards & Processes like document retention, and auditing features were enabled to comply with regulatory requirements
- Established connectivity between SharePoint Online and on-premise LOB systems
- Standard business processes were rolled out using Nintex workflow, integrated with SharePoint Online like defined architecture, design and governance standardization was done across SP2013 on premise and SP Online platforms at enterprise level across all business units
- Content was migrated to O365 using the latest Azure-based high-speed migration APIs
- Administration of O365 tenant was automated using PowerShell scripts
- Unified hybrid search was implemented across systems (both on premise and online) to enable search across the organization
- Yammer, the enterprise social platform, was customized to enable collaboration and “crowd service”
- Reduced IT support and maintenance cost by 60%
- Reduced overall TCO by 50%
- Simplification and consolidation of IT processes: Optimized business processes by 15% through modular and scalable design solutions
- Provided a quicker and cost-effective way to shift majority of the application workloads to Cloud
- By moving to O365, the client’s IT systems were aligned with future Microsoft Roadmap like Cloud, Mobility and Nextgen external integrations
- Enabled True Enterprise Search across Hybrid SharePoint environment
- Increased throughput by establishing re-usable solutions and frameworks to overcome SharePoint Online limitations
The solution provided an improved business user experience with a promise of future scalability.