The company, a European healthcare major, has a portfolio that includes drugs for eye care, infectious diseases, cardiovascular diseases and different fields of oncology. The company operates in more than 95 countries spanning across the US, Europe and Asia. With a global workforce of more than 90,000, it is one of the world’s leading diagnostics companies.
The engagement level of healthcare and pharmaceutical companies with Health Care Professionals (HCPs) has been continually evolving as the industry embarks increasingly on the digital transformation journey. As HCPs spend less time with sales representatives, their preferences naturally shift towards receiving medical and product information changes via new Internet-based communication channels. This requires healthcare companies to adopt a multi-channel strategy to engage effectively with HCPs.
The client was looking for a digital partner who could help them “refresh” and upgrade their HCP portal. This included standardization of one digital platform for the HCP portal across 27 independent marketing companies in Europe. The aim was to provide a single corporate identity and uniform web experience within the HCP community while bringing down burgeoning development and support costs of the previously utilized multiple portal platforms. The client was also looking for Level 2 and 3 application support for the new portal through a single European helpdesk, to speed up ticket resolution.
Wipro partnered with the client to design and build standard templates for content on the Adobe AEM 6.1 platform that would enable the marketing affiliates to design and publish their content, using these templates and a list of standard features.
The platform was built on the client’s selected technology, which was based on Adobe AEM 6.1. The templates designed by Wipro provided the 27 marketing affiliates with a single standard toolset to work with, enabling uniformity and single brand image on how the client’s brand was to be projected externally
- Standardize the digital platform for the client’s HCP portal on AEM 6.1 across 27 marketing companies in Europe
- HCPs have an increased awareness of client’s offerings, access to product updates, surgery techniques, peer interaction and an exposure to the scientific and medical information through the web portal
- Implement an agile delivery model that allowed the client to deliver upgrades (new functionality) to the marketing affiliates
- Set up a single contact support helpdesk for the 27 marketing companies in Europe to resolve issues with their design and new content using the platform
- Moved both development and support teams offshore (a first in this area of business for the customer)
A single uniform web portal experience successfully strengthened the mindshare and increased the brand recall of the client’s products in the HCP community. This brought in a consistent brand experience for the HCPs
The project delivered 30 new features for marketing companies to design and publish content on their local HCP portals such as:
- The project delivered 30 new features for marketing companies to design and publish content on their local HCP portals such as:
- Newsfeed: That allow marketing affiliates to push recommended news/articles to the HCPs based on customer segmentation and web indexing algorithms
- Pub Med Integration: That allow the HCPs to search biomedical content within +26 million citations referenced through the PubMed citations
- Right to left support: That expands the portal usability to countries where written language display is from right to left
- HCPs material ordering: That allow HCPs to order relevant content (brochures, pamphlets, newsletters, etc.) with ease
- The Top 3 users (marketing affiliates) published more than 2100 individual content pages on their portal in the first 6 month of the rollout. This made way for extensive knowledge sharing with HCPs, professional networking and engagement with patients, researchers, experts, colleagues, etc.
- The new web pages gained about 5000 active HCP users in the first 6 months of the engagement
- Reduced development and support costs by 25-30%
- The agile delivery model allowed upgrades to be delivered to the marketing affiliates every 6 weeks instead of only 1 release in the previous year
- More than 2700 HCPs benefitted from an e-mail campaign from Top 3 marketing affiliates