Cloud-native applications that transform monolithic legacy applications
ModerniZ on GCP offers the best market products and built-in accelerators for the modernization of all application layers. In moving to a cloud native architecture, Wipro helps companies transform monolithic legacy applications into microservices, containerize them, and deploy them on modern cloud infrastructure.
The steps involved in this framework are:
- CBL to Java: Represents Transcoding for language migration. Transcoding is done by Google Cornerstone.
- Object, schema, and data conversion: Converts all Legacy DB objects like tables, views, etc. to Target Database. Wipro Accelerator SQL converter is used here,
- Generate Microservices: Identify mini services based on run time patterns and extract them based on domain need.
- Refactor services: Manual process to remediate POM, service response, and WebConfig, involving a four-step remediation process.
- Remediate SQLs and applications: Extract SQL statements from the application code and convert them to the Target Database. This can also remediate Framework. Wipro Accelerator App Remediator is used.
- New UI build/transformation: Convert legacy screens to Angular using UI builder, a no code platform.
- Deploy and test: Testing – Comparator tool for comparing Mainframe Vs Java services response. WID for end to end DevOps. Wipro Accelerator Configurator and WID is used.