Client: Leading US based MedTech organization
Industry: Medical devices
Products or services: Medical devices, consultancy, instrument systems
Geography or areas of operations: Worldwide
Number of employees: Over 60,000
A leading US based MedTech company wanted a partner to help them realize their vision of transitioning into an insights-driven organization that delivers business value to its end customers. The purpose of the engagement was to embed data, analytics and reasoning into their decision-making processes and empower the business in making intelligent and informed decisions. The client had the following challenges:
- Lacked IT competency to foresee and identify the assets that are likely to fail
- Inability to generate insights from petabytes of data stored in the enterprise data warehouse
- Unable to drive decisions and outcomes due to lack of analytical insights
- Inability to gauge customer mindset and satisfaction quotient for new products
Wipro delivered the desired outcomes leveraging its Data Discovery Platform (DDP) on Azure Cloud. Wipro helped in building an analytics platform that enabled the business teams to collect, ingest, process and analyze data to derive insights and improve business outcomes.
- The DDP leverages advanced analytics, provides context across different datasets, helps to access large volumes of data (third party, machine, transactional and operational) and, combine them with other enterprise data.
- Conceptualized and develop 30+ business use cases to drive outcomes by delivering the entire analytics stack (software-hardware-services) and insights operations.
Wipro solution helped the client shorten their time to generate reliable insights and achieve high predictability of their IT assets. They are able to conduct experiments with pre-defined budgets leveraging a catalog-based sizing approach that determines the type of data load, recognizes the insights hidden in the data, thus allowing agile interpretation and action. Our solutions delivered the following benefits:
- Empower the customer: Provide insights through a single axis across multiple data sources that can be leveraged to make business decisions
- Improve reliability: Perform root cause analysis on data more easily to identify and pre-empt issues to keep customers happy.
- Provide analytic services: Systematically identify, incubate, and deploy new and differentiating capabilities
- Increase speed to deliver: Faster deployment due to adoption of an agile approach and flexibility around use cases pertaining to tools
“Wipro helped the client to consolidate and leverage enterprise wide data (structured and unstructured) to harness the power of Big Data and build an insights-driven organization leveraging Wipro DDP on Azure Cloud.”
-Nidhi Garg Global Client Partner, Health BU, Wipro