Client: A leading manufacturer and a market leader in the manufacturing of aluminum extrusion dies, tools, products and industrial packaging
Industry type: Discrete Manufacturing
Products or Services or Core Business: Food Packaging
Geography or Areas of operations: Middle East
- Manual method of production data collection leading to erroneous and high cost in full time equivalent (FTE).
- Hindrance in agile decision making due to no or delayed visibility of real-time data
- Inability to fulfill customers’ orders on demand due to lack of visibility of the available inventory
- Inability to influence customers’ purchasing decision with real-time “Available-To-Promise” (ATP) & “Capable-To-Promise” (CTP) dates to convert more sales quotes and proposals into orders.
The solution comprised of Wipro’s IoT Platform-Looking Glass, combined with Multi-Protocol Gateway software stack (MPIOTG) that simplifies connecting to the machines or sensors by supporting multiple industrial protocols.
- We delivered an end-to-end IoT Solution that automatically identifies the number of QC ready finished goods by retrofitting sensors to their legacy Blow Moulding machine(s).
- Related stakeholders were provided access to dashboards, for real-time production monitoring, enabling visibility on the status of every work order and a live view of the production process.
- Upstream integration of production posting data to Oracle MES enabled a “paperless” factory setup
- Reduction in FTE and error-free data of production process and finished goods
- Real-time visibility on the production process for every work order, for all stakeholders and business functions
- Real-time visibility on Available-To-Promise (ATP)
- Ability to influence customers’ purchasing decision with real-time ATP & Capable-To-Promise (CTP) dates to convert more sales quotes and orders into proposals
- With continuous monitoring, a reduction in machine setup time - up to 42%
- Up to 16% improvement in Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE), with real-time monitoring
"We are happy to drive the Client’s Smart Factory initiative and help them achieve unprecedented business benefits with our unique offering that leverages a combination of digital, domain and engineering expertise. Intelligent Factory is a strategic initiative from Wipro to help our clients reinvent themselves towards achieving an ambitious vision – ‘Factory of the Future’ using exponential technologies." – Sanjoy, Head of Digital, Manufacturing.