- Client: A leader in hybrid cloud data services and data management. A Fortune 500 listed company which offers hybrid cloud data services for management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments, infrastructure and industries.
- Industry: Storage Solutions
- Area of operations: Asia Pacific | Tokyo, US East | N. Virginia, US East | Ohio, US West | No. California etc.
- Customers: IT, Media, Energy Utilities and so on, with storage requirements.
- Client was looking for a Cloud-based data orchestration solution, which should be an application, designed, developed and hosted in a highly available, scalable and secured environment.
- The application should also enable cloud backup from on-prem data centers with all security guidelines from datacenters for implementing the cloud to storage device communication.
- Cloud backup must ensure low cost backups with secured storages in cloud.
- The application should have auto discovery of on-prem data devices to enable Policy Orchestration from cloud.
- Application should enable snapshot cataloging and quick search from billions of records.
- The team must ensure quick ramp up on new Technologies to develop applications and deliver in short span
Wipro implemented a Cloud-based solution for the requirement, based on SaaS model.
The solution was designed using microservices approach with Spring boot and containerization.
Design ensured all the security requirements from datacenter guidelines were met, while ensuring best customer experiences with intuitive workflows and UI.
- When deployed on cloud, could interact with On Prem datacenter, for all the data backup workflows.
- Data Management Module ensures the data backup operations, backup rules creation, restores etc.
- Catalog module brings the capability to search storage objects within seconds from few billion records.
- Microservices-based architecture, with spring boot and dockerization ensured better development, deployment and maintenance experience with high availability and scalability.
- Application used the best balance between cloud-native and cloud-agnostic components to ensure multi-cloud portability.
- Implementation of best-in-class Cloud solution - highly optimized to orchestrate data backup solutions - was appreciated by multiple customer partners.
- Cloud backup ensured low cost backup and increased backup space scalability.
- The solution enables any datacenter admin to operate remotely, which was not possible before.
- Dashboards, with backup statistics, recent backup information etc. ensures a collective view of protection, enabling admins to view the high-level protection profile.
- Application enabled data backup catalog operations with file/directory records up to 10B
“Wipro delivered a product architecture that is highly scalable and portable hybrid cloud agnostic data backup solution with the right balance of cloud native and cloud neutral architecture. Our solution enabled better customer experience with intuitive workflows and UI. With a clear roadmap and our ‘business first’ approach, we enabled a data-backup catalog operation and helped them embark on a modernization journey to become future ready” - Supriyo Das, VP, Wipro Limited