- Client: Wipro
- Industry: Information technology
- Area of operations: US, Canada, Latin America, Continental Europe, India & Middle East, Asia Pacific
- Products/Services: Digital strategy, IT services, consulting, outsourcing and managed services
- Employees: About 170,000
Wipro wanted to leverage digital technologies such as cloud and analytics to meet its operational priorities that included:
- Secure access and a seamless user experience for its highly mobile employee base of 170,000
- Hyper-automation capabilities to lower IT costs and enable quicker client onboarding and simplified network management.
- Development of applications and services to unlock new revenue streams
- Monitoring of security incidents like unusual behavior, malware etc. at endpoints through analytics
Wipro leveraged four key solutions from Cisco to build an intelligent networking platform that was easy to configure and completely secure in order to deliver a unified experience to its mobile employee base:
- Cisco Software-Defined Access (SD-Access) – A solution that harnesses a single network fabric - from the edge to the cloud – to ensure one consistent policy across the network. It allows easy access to employee applications and databases without compromising security. SD-Access also enables policy-based automation setting for users and devices along with easy deployment
- Cisco DNA Center - A software-based network automation and assurance solution for intent based networking, offering a dashboard for control and management of Cisco DNA solution.
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) - A security policy management platform that provides consistent, highly secure access to end users as well as simplified guest onboarding and management. It also enables contextual data sharing on partner solutions for rapid remediation of threats.
- Catalyst 9K - A wireless, cloud-driven, data optimized switching solution that meets the evolving network demands of modern businesses.
The highly advanced solution enabled secure and seamless user experience to Wipro’s 170,000 employees while providing important insights into user behavior as well as analytics on malware and threats. Some key benefits included:
- Faster time-to-market: Enabled faster movement of resources between projects (movement time reduced from one week to minutes).
- Expedited processes: Reduced onboarding time (from months to days) and time to deploy cloud services (from several hours to minutes).
- Increased workforce mobility: Created a highly mobile and engaged workforce, as users were no longer bound to their desks for their work and project deliverables.
- Total security and privacy: Ensured complete client security and data privacy due to the ability to maintain network segmentation.
- Simplified application infrastructure: Simplified cloud applications such as Office 365 for higher user productivity/uptime.
"With Cisco DNA™, we have moved to a true intent based network which is secure, and enables user mobility without losing the access with much simplified operations.”
Rohit Adlakha, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Wipro Limited.