- Client: European Multinational Network Equipment Provider manufacturing networking Hardware Company - Global technology leader with annual revenues of around €23 billion.
- Industry: Telecommunications
- Products/Services: telecommunications, information technology, and consumer electronics
- Areas of operations: Global - 160 nationalities, 102,000 people across over 100 countries.
Our client was going through a lack of efficiency in handling order management. This jeopardized team engagement with the partner, increasing the workload and rework. The requirement was to drive large-scale automation across multiple geos/processes within a short timeline of three years to meet the objective of 60% automation. Key challenges to address were:
- Unstructured information flow and inputs from customer-facing teams
- Complex workflow engine and process flows
- Multiple and complex order entry mechanism
- A lot of manual effort in order management that led to high cost of operations
- Fragmented and Non-Standardized Business processes
Process Harmonization– Introduced Unique Standard Service Request (SR) catalogue across all Customer/ Product categories.
Zero Touch Module: To ensure B2B orders are directly processed in ERP without any intervention
End-To-End Automation: Automation Leveraging proprietary BASE)))™ Core solution, Smart Automation, and RPA
Real-Time Insights: D-VSM enabled on Power BI for complete visibility and real-time visibility across end-to-end operations
Productivity Improvement in the first 2 years of Engagement and 60% by Year 3
briefcase time (Sales order preparation and entry) by 60%
- Mapping and documenting > 3,000 Unique Activities
- Near real-time insights on Backlog, Operations KPIs, performance quality, automation rate through cloud-based BI tools
- 150+ Automation solutions deployed leading to higher accuracy and elimination of manual efforts
“The overall transformation program has increased the rigor in operations allowing flexibility to manage the dynamic nature of supply chain, reduction in cycle times and backlog, harmonized processes and significant processes automated.” – Dhananjay Soundararajan – Senior Manager, DOP Brazil operations.