- Client: An American multinational technology conglomerate providing networking solutions and other high-technology services and products,
- Industry: Networking hardware and software
- Area of operations: North America, Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East
- Customers: Construction, Education, Energy, Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Nonprofit, Professional Services, Retail, Technology, Telecommunication, Transportation, Sports and Entertainment companies.
- Overall market share of Client’s Content Security product has been stagnant since 2009 (*Gartner study 2015 Magic Quadrant) as newer rivals have been more aggressive in global expansion
- Lack of insights to threat and malware information gathered from various engines like Cognitive Threat Analysis (CTA), Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) etc. to provide a single view to the Web Administrator
- Multiple navigations to the screens for granular settings like policies, system setting etc. for ease of use to improve Customer Stickiness to the product
- Integrating the information from various products acquired by Client and aligning it all to Client’s brand for easy representation
- Time to market impacted with long release cycles.
Program objective: Strategic product refresh of its Content Security product suite with a view to ensure:
- Voice of the customers are incorporated to take their product to the next level to deliver superior customer experience
- Advanced Reporting & Dashboards with dynamic charts & grids, and component-based for easy reuse and maintenance
- Enhanced Navigational experience for customers with Quick settings using Wizards, Accordions etc.
- Architecture Standardization and Modernization with the right technical stack of Open source products with dynamic theming for seamless integration with acquisition products
- Customer centric product management features envisioning the feature of one release cycle for UI changes every month instead of three months and also by shipping the UI changes alone without the backend
- Build 200+ UI screens based on the latest design from Client UX team using open source technology and framework with limited client side validations. Unit testing code coverage 80-100% and thrive for 100% Automated testing
- Remove traces of aquarium and glass framework for reusing existing Python business layer for server side validations, get and commit
- Expose existing Python business validations/ commit/ Get data as RESTFUL API’s
- Multi-lingual support of application for 11 languages with and I18N/L10N language support and Angular 2 by default supports Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF)/ Cross Site Scripting (XSS)
- Continuous Integration & Deployment of UI & backend RESTFUL API’s to Client POD
- De-couple front end with back end for faster release cycles and also better ways to ship UI separately without backend
- Better end-customer user experience with features that help customize the charts and the dashboard
- Development of new reports can be done in as less as 1 sprint (2 weeks) due to the generic report generation engine design
- A cloud-ready architecture which helps deploy the product as SaaS in less than a month’s time
- Fluid layout that helps application to scale based on the resolution, improving the customer experience.