- Client: Europe-based multinational company
- Industry: Technology, Consumer Electronics, Health and Home care
- Area of operations: Global
- Number of employees: Over 75,000
The client had deployed multiple tools to monitor their IT landscape and business applications. This complex IT environment comprising of multiple disparate tools resulted in:
- Inefficient monitoring and inability to provide full-stack visibility across applications and infrastructure layers
- Limited insight to provide root cause analysis and limited/no capability to prevent any outages before they occurred
- Lack of insights to efficiently manage and monitor the applications hosted on diverse technology stacks ranging from SAP to non-SAP environments
Wipro implemented AppDynamics, an application performance management (APM) software, as a unified monitoring solution across the entire IT landscape to meet the client’s end-to-end monitoring needs for applications and the associated infrastructure. Initial stage of implementation enabled rollout of monitoring for over 35 applications within the first 6 months.
Key elements of the solution included:
- Enabled end-user monitoring to drive end-to-end visibility on the performance of web applications
- Enabled synthetic monitoring to help create better customer experience by identifying front-end issues faster and reporting errors within the application
- Enabled better monitoring of the performance of critical transactions within the pages to drive faster remediation of errors like delay in page upload, query response time, etc.
- The solution was also enabled within the SAP applications landscape to provide end-to-end code-level visibility into the SAP ABAP platform, thereby allowing maximum visibility beyond basic infrastructure health metrics
The unified full-stack performance monitoring solution enabled efficient operations with end-to-end visibility across IT/business processes and critical business applications integrated with these processes, leading to significant business gains. The Operations command center for monitoring which was earlier an 80-member team was further optimized to 8. The solution supported by the existing operations team makes sure the issues are proactively identified before the business is impacted.
- Capability to identify risks and root causes before they turned into issues that impact the business
- Elevated customer experience and protection of revenue loss due to unified monitoring that related application performance to business transactions
- Ability to drive innovation and focus on high priority areas due to better management of the complex IT environment
- Considerable reduction in application outages due to proactive notification of issues and auto-remediation of errors
- Elevated performance of the entire SAP applications landscape
- Savings in IT operations cost and faster time to market