A leading telecom service provider implements a robust validation process powered with automation, thus reducing cycle time to 1.4 days and enabling cost savings of $776K
The client is one of the world's leading communication services providers offering fixed line services, broadband, mobile and TV products and services, and network IT services. This UK-based company operates in around 180 countries.
Telecommunications focuses heavily on customer retention in the face of dwindling revenues and extremely competitive space. Timely order fulfilment needs to be flawlessly executed so that revenue is realized early with increase in end user satisfaction.
The order management process starts with technical validation and customer end validation, which is carried out to validate the technical details, site details and end customer details. The client’s validation process was negatively impacted by many reasons like incorrect site details, incorrect contact details of end customer, technical questionnaire, unawareness of order placement etc., resulting in delays. This led to an increase in end-to-end cycle time and customer dissatisfaction. The client wanted to make its order management process more efficient and flawless.
Wipro automated the client’s validation process and implemented efficient processes to make the order management process flawless.
- Eliminated manual customer end validation activity by implementing pre-order template at an early stage
- Removed technical and free text questions from the order validation questionnaire for auto customer end validation process
- Embedded rules in the system for auto order-rejection if the validation is not completed within a stipulated period of 2 days. This helped the team to take further actions on priority in order to complete the process quickly and flawlessly
- Process changes: Instead of b-end validation team, the sales team was assigned to collect and validate the customer-end details of the customer whenever the order was placed by the customer. Technical validation team had to directly make the order entry once the technical validation was completed for all orders
Wipro enabled early realization of revenue, enhanced customer satisfaction and cost-effectiveness for the client by ensuring faster and efficient order delivery
- 61.76% reduction in the cycle time, from 3.4 days to 1.4 days
- Early revenue realization of $776k per annum on account of reduced cycle time
- Improved customer satisfaction and capacity created due to removal of manual customer end validation process