The telecommunications industry is characterized by new technologies, services, and huge capital investments to make content accessible through any device anywhere. About 2 to 5 percent of all the services delivered by the world’s largest telecom providers is unbilled because of ineficient or misaligned processes. Despite significant investments in new and upgraded solutions, order-to-cash processes remain ineficient.
The client was receiving high amount of unclean orders (>25%) and the cycle time was 5 to 7 times higher compared to a clean order. Around 50% of orders were failing straight through processing, that resulted in increased volumes and affected delivery timelines. Service introduction and deployment management activities were significantly cut down by around 60%. Savings were not made from labour arbitrage but from better management of processes.
- Automated / error proofed the workflow to establish continuous flow
- Root cause analysis on unclean orders done to gather the major points of failure. Unclean orders sent back to upstream processes
- Creation of Flex Pool (by cross training various resources) to tackle bottleneck in production
- Amalgamation of teams to create a common workforce for demand fulfilment
- 63% reduction in rework from 40% to less than 15%
- 70% reduction in average lead time for delayed orders from 23 days to 7 days
- Unclean orders in different formats as per the ordering regions
- Upstream processes were missing the critical steps required for downstream processes to perform
- Around 50% of failed right-first-time checks on an end-to-end cycle lead to increased volumes and affected delivery timelines