A UK-based telecom service provider saves USD 1.28 million annually by reducing invalid adjustments and waivers by 71% Solution
The client is a leading fixed line broadband and voice telephony service provider in UK. It serves broadband, phone, TV and mobile needs of customers globally.
Telecommunications is an extremely competitive space. Cost and margins being the major decision making elements, all service providers turn towards innovation-driven flawless execution of back office processes.
The client’s compensation process was highly error-prone. Customers connected with the technical helpdesk through chats or emails to resolve their issues. Even before the customer helpdesk representative could fix their issues, the customers demanded compensation and received payment immediately. These kinds of erroneous compensations resulted in more than 38% invalid spend on adjustments and waivers. The client wanted to remove such faulty procedures and make its compensation process more efficient and flawless.
The client’s compensation process was reengineered after a workflow analysis to streamline invalid compensations and curb the cost associated with it.
- Created a web application in the client server to centralize the compensation process, reducing the time taken by customer helpdesk representatives. Also, it helped the helpdesk representatives to follow a standardized approach along with creating a repository which was easy to access
- Outlier management was implemented to help identify the people who raised more compensation claims. This enabled focus on such customers with control and tracking of the improvement
- Refresher training on the compensation process was carried out and weekly traction of the same was maintained
- An efficient validation process was implemented wherein all spend had to be validated by a supervisor and compensation exceeding USD 65 had to be approved by a centralized validator or the contact center manager
Successful deployment of solutions helped the client to streamline its compensation process and avoid invalid costs associated with it. The holistic and robust scrutiny and approval process helped establish an effective approach to error-proofing and cost-cutting.
- Overall 71% reduction in invalid compensation claims
- Annualized direct savings of USD 1.28 Million