Client: A leading Australian telecom service provider
Products or Services: Wholesales broadband access network services for retail and business customers
Total annual revenue: 1 billion+ AUD
The client specializes in providing its users with a wide range of telecommunication network solutions, two of them being the FTTC (Fibre-to-the-Curb) and HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial) network offerings. These optical fibre based technologies are specifically used in broadband connections for home/office usage.
Once a user purchases a broadband connection, they have an option of installing it themselves. On purchasing these broadband connections, a SIK (Self Install Kit) is sent to their location. In case they face difficulties with the installation process, an engineer is deployed to their location. These engineer visits, also known as ‘truck rolls’ (TR), in the telecom industry are an expensive investment for the company.
On an average, the client experienced 500 cases of truck roll visits every month, and each visit cost approximately 150 AUD. An annual estimate pegs these costs at approximately 0.9 million AUD/year.
Wipro helped its client reduce truck roll costs by providing ‘remote connection activation’ services, where we helped users install connections over a call. In case the users faced any issues with the installation procedure, Wipro provided troubleshooting measures on call as well.
Wipro increased the ‘remote troubleshoot success rate’ for failed SIK orders, to reduce the client’s engineer visits. This was achieved using the following solutions:
- Improved the ‘customer connect percentage’ metric by increasing the number of attempts to call and solve issues
- Identified incorrect troubleshooting instances by finding completion PCR codes.
- Introduced a communication coach to decrease the ‘troubleshooting declined percentage’ metric.
- Introduced a quality framework to improve quality scores.
Governance and operational management
- Improved the bottom quartile performance.
- Created an automated tracker for performance monitoring.
Wipro has helped the client by offering them the following results:
- Increase in TR saved from 9% to 15% (FTTC).
- Increase in TR saved from 11% to 23% (HFC).
- Realized cost savings for the client: 1.12 Million AUD