Client name: Global delivery services provider
Services: Courier services
Areas of operations: Global
Who are their customers: B2C company
Total annual revenue: $ 69.2 billion
A typical delivery collection center receives a large number of dispatch packages every day. Workers analyze the video recordings of these packages as they move on a conveyor. An additional handling surcharge is applicable on any nonstandard packages identified by the workers. This process poses several challenges:
- The recordings are deleted in a day’s time owing to their large size, sometimes before the manual screening was completed and hence the process leads to revenue loss.
- The manual screening process is difficult to scale, to match variations in the number of packages coming in every day.
- The monotony of watching endless video footage of packages rolling down a conveyor leads to manual errors.
Wipro devised an innovative computer vision-based video analytics solution that comes with the following features:
- Detects non-standard packages on a conveyor using deep learning algorithms.
- Classifies packages into various classes based on their size.
- Assigns a surcharge to each non-standard package, based on the package category.
- The entire process is completed in 8-10 hours.
The solution provides multiple benefits:
- Eliminates revenue loss, as it easily identifies nonstandard packages.
- Delivers a return on investment within 15 months.
- It is a scalable solution that caters to any variance in the number of packages coming in every day