- Client: US-based executive search and leadership consulting firm
- Industry: Professional services across multiple industries
- Services: Leadership Consulting
- Area of operations: Global
The client, which handles management recruitment for leading organizations, sought Wipro’s support for its back-office operations, which included email-driven resume coding services.
The email-driven services were facing operational challenges. Both, case assignment and management were subject to manual processes. On average, over 8000 weekly requests were manually allocated by nominated TLs to 90+ analysts across different shifts.
The compliance for turnaround time (TAT) for normal and low priority case closures were in the range of 40% to 60% respectively. Further, analyst productivity was impacted on two fronts – ‘Motion waste’ as a result of analysts walking up to Team Leaders (TLs) for case assignment, and lower utilization as a result of suboptimal case assignment.
The client wanted a solution that could overhaul the existing manual working practices. Wipro partnered with a startup to jointly propose an email management tool that leverages predefined business rules to automate request allocation, tracking, and management processes.
This Wipro Email Management Tool (WEMT) harnessed the power of Machine Learning (ML) to transform emails into actionable, trackable tasks. Business rules were fed in to automatically tag and bucket cases based on priority, aging in system etc. Post tagging, the solution had built-in intelligence to ensure optimal analyst-case mapping.
With the implementation of the email management solution, analysts could pull a case from a pool of available cases with a single click. It automated case allocation and eliminated ‘motion waste’ altogether. The solution tagged only one case against each analyst, optimizing productivity across the entire resource pool.
Optimized and automated routing and distribution of high-volume emails led to decrease in operational risks and costs, improved TAT and enhanced productivity gains.
- Capacity creation - Enhanced process efficiency equivalent to 7.7 FTEs
- TAT compliance for normal and low priority requests improved from 40% and 60% to over 95% each
- Elimination of motion waste as analysts could fetch requests on a single click
- Annualized business savings of USD 187K
- Improved CSAT