Customer: Leading information technology service, consulting and business process services company
Industry: IT consultancy
Area of Operation: Global
Products and Services: IT Services
Organization Size: Corporate, 175,000 employees across 62 countries
Revenue: US$8.47 billion (2019)
Wipro’s core services include digital transformation, robotics, cognitive computing, hyper-automation, cloud analytics, etc. With an employee strength of 175,000 spread across six continents, collaboration is critical to Wipro’s success.
Diversity has its own set of challenges especially with respect to ensuring seamless communication and collaboration. The vast global expanse hinders functioning as a centralized team. The need of the hour was to bring the workforce together and enable working as a team with reliable, collaborative tools.
Wipro has been an early adopter of MS Office 365 and in order to bring more uniformity, they adopted Microsoft Teams in Office 365 as a hub for ￼teamwork and ease in collaboration. The solution helped Wipro in the following ways:
- Human resources, pre-sales, sales, and other functions simplified through common messaging, conferencing, documentation and the like.
- Improved flexibility to work across multiple devices.
- Connected a battery of experts across geographies whose knowledge was now within the reach of every team member.
- Work patterns became more organized.
- Seamless communication enabled.
Exchange of countless mails is now a thing of the past. This has not only helped save time but also has made referencing easy. Since managers and leaders are based in different parts of the world, time taken to respond to an RFP (Request for Proposal) was long. With the deployment of Microsoft Teams, Wipro transformed the way its employees worked and it impacted business in several ways, viz.
- Instant messaging, file sharing and co-authoring, helped teams build a common workflow.
- Projects are better managed now and the execution time has reduced drastically
- Custom automation bot processing helped consolidate common workflows.
- There has been a significant improvement in contract bidding as Teams allowed stakeholders from different geos to virtually interact with each other and take an informed decision on bidding that helped improve margins and sales efficiency.
- Engagement on a single platform helped in better exchange of ideas and sharing of views that helped drive better outcomes.
- Exchange of RFP-related emails has reduced significantly between the pre-sales and sales teams. The RFP process has been simplified and streamlined.
- Onboarding new team members has been made easy.
“With Microsoft Teams, we have been able to transform the way we collaborate within Wipro - being able to quickly onboard new team members, access relevant applications in a single workspace, reduce time spent in switching context and communicate in a safe and secure way has been of utmost value to us.”
- Rohit Adlakha, Chief Information Officer, Global Head of Wipro HOLMES and Automation Ecosystem