Industry: IT consultancy
Area of operation: Global
Products: IT solutions and services
An expanding employee base, new-age business and commercial models, acquisitions and new entities, legacy controls and hand offs built in the systems etc. were posing a number of challenges, viz.
- Fragmented experience due to disjointed applications, complex processes, multiple hand-offs etc.
- High cost of supporting inefficient processes and systems compounded by complex organization structure and independent business groups
- Legacy systems’ inability to support new-age business models
- Lack of empowerment – multiple echelons of approvals
- 17%-20% employee time spent on non-value added activities
- Inability to deliver data-driven decision support
One of the main milestones of Wipro’s digital transformation journey was re-imagining the entire lifecycle of an employee through a digital platform– myWipro, right from the time they first engage with Wipro -all through the various stages of their career -to the time they retire.
The main tenets of this transformation are:
- Re-imagining experience covering the entire life cycle of an employee at Wipro.
- myWipro, which hosts close to 260 applications is completely role-based and personalized to each user.
- The portal is persona-driven, intuitive and has simple and context-aware applications personalized to various user groups that provides users with role-based updates on leave balance, number of hours clocked, average utilization metrics, expense reports, sales pipeline, delivery updates etc.
- All the apps hosted in myWipro have been designed with Mobile-First design principles to ensure that the users get a rich experience and are able to transact and securely access information from any device, any time. This platform has been hosted on cloud.
- Transactions have been made easier by bringing in conversational user experience through Ella, a voice-based virtual assistant in myWipro, which enables users to interact with the system in a natural language through voice and text inputs.
- Wipro’s processes were envisioned by eliminating redundancies in workflows, manual handoffs and SLA debt, establishing straight through processing by automation, making the front-end applications intelligent and contextual, and digitizing policies and business rules. Some of the major simplification initiatives are:
- Employee-friendly claims process
- Minimizing touch points during employee onboarding and exit
The transformative solution helped Wipro in the following ways:
Increased productivity and quality
- By integrating the reimbursement system with the fraud management solution, the ability to detect fraud was improved by 52%
- By removing manual interventions and simplifying the offboarding process, the timeline for final settlement has been reduced from 14 days to 24 hours, leading to 10x efficiency
Improved user experience
- The reimbursement application made the entire process paperless and reduced the transaction time by 80%. Processing time has been reduced from 20 days to 3 days.
- Reduced cost of operation, mainly due to headcount optimization, was made possible because of automation and removal of manual handoffs. The operation cost in this process has been brought down by 48%.
“For delivering exceptional digital experiences to our customers, it becomes imperative that our employees experience it first. So, one of the first milestones of our digital transformation was re-imagining myWipro, our employee experience platform. A role centric, personalized space for employee self-service, it simplifies user transactions and combines the power of enterprise data and analytics with a great user experience.” -Shravanti Chaudhuri, General Manager, Employee Experience