Industry: IT consultancy
Area of operations: Global
Services: IT solutions and services
Wipro’s IT landscape comprises more than 4,500 servers and over 5000 network devices across two public clouds and on-premises data centers globally, running in excess of 300 enterprise applications. On a typical day, Wipro’s digital platform for self-service, myWipro, processes nearly 12 million transactions. Rapid business growth resulted in operational challenges that impacted user experience including:
- Inability to deliver seamless user experience to new-age digital employees stemming from disparate systems and processes
- Lack of rapid response in the event of hardware failures, performance issues and service interruptions, impacting critical business transactions
- Inconsistent user experience due to high volume of incident alerts and false positives across diverse ticketing systems (approximately 200,000 tickets per month across 1500 categories in more than 60 services)
- Reactive troubleshooting with limited visibility into end user environment, leading to sub-optimal user experience and lost productivity
Wipro understood the need to leverage a proactive approach to detecting and preventing IT issues to help service desk professionals go beyond issue resolution and deliver a uniform and cohesive user experience.
Wipro’s team of experts enabled a paradigm shift in service desk operations by leveraging automation, proactive end user analytics, and rich self-heal and self-service capabilities. The team redesigned myWipro and myHelpline applications to meet the expectations of a new generation of digitally savvy, mobile-first employees. The key highlights of the solution were:
- Consolidated multiple Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems into a single IVR
- Eliminated multiple ticketing systems with myHelpline - the platform with features such as Classifier Engine and Auto Assigner to reduce the incidence of incorrect ticket classification
- Integrated end-user diagnostics and helpline to provide real-time visibility of the end-users’ environment with chatbots and remote chats. Genie and My Buddy chatbots were equipped with machine learning and AI capabilities for resolving user queries [SV(M1]
- Deployed solutions like AppDynamics to measure infrastructure performance in real-time, enabling rapid diagnostics and troubleshooting of issues
The solution created a holistic view of applications, endpoints, and infrastructure, allowing the service desk team to move away from a siloed app-approach to managing availability and performance, and adopting a user-centric approach. This resulted in several tangible benefits including:
- Improved overall ticket resolution rate by 68% by automating L1 issues and increased the productivity of the helpdesk staff
- Enhanced end-user experience and reduced the time to create a ticket from three minutes to 30 seconds using AI-enabled e-helpline
- Significantly enhanced automation [AR(O1] [AR(O2] and improved turnaround time (without compromising quality) by using bots
- Reduced issues reported to service desk and proactively remediated 13% of helpdesk and end-user support tickets by activating employee self-service
- Enabled servicing even larger volumes of tickets per day (up to 12,000 tickets per day) through myHelpline, than before
- Saved more than 2500 person hours in three months by reducing the effort required for problem categorization
“With real-time access to the end-user analytics and adoption of various Holmes automation tools, Service desk is now able to remotely resolve over 75% of the overall tickets raised by the end-user community and the NLP feature helped our users and agents address the catch-dispatch challenges and therefore reduce the overall lead time”.
- Anitha Prasad, Head – End user Support, Information Systems, Wipro.