Today’s global distributed value chains present fresh challenges to product development. Wipro leverages its own PLM Maturity Model to enable clients transform their PLM processes to achieve superior manufacturing processes leading to digital manufacturing.
The PLM service includes:
- BOM Management: Wipro delivers solutions that manage complex BOM, generic structures, product variants and BOM types like CAD/Design BOM, EBOM, MBOM, Service BOM, etc.
- Product Configuration Management: Wipro has vast experience in establishing common product architecture and has implemented PLM based or standard configurators like Tacton, Rulestream etc. Additionally, Wipro helps companies to integrate PLM with Configurator/ERP seamlessly to exchange product data and address Engineered to Order (ETO), Built to Order (BTO) and Configured to Order (CTO) scenarios
- Manufacturing Systems Integration: Wipro implements PLM integrations with manufacturing systems like PPAP, ERP and MES to improve efficiencies and reduce costs by integrating PLM into the enterprise IT landscape, leading to Industry 4.0 enablement. Wipro implements advanced Additive manufacturing solutions which ensure IP protection, secure collaboration and distributed supply chain
- Service Lifecycle Management: As products become smarter, enterprises have begun to rely on Managed Services to remotely support their on-field products. Wipro’s SLM offerings leveraging Service Management, IoT and Digital Twin help customers deliver efficient after-market services and reduce the unplanned downtime. Wipro enables clients to achieve true “Closed Loop Change Management” by injecting real-time product feedback into the product development process which improves product quality and its efficiency
- Supplier Collaboration: Wipro’s Supplier Collaboration solution meets varying levels of collaboration needs from being a loose integration to a tight integration. PDX package cum viewer, SharePoint based integration, restricted PLM access to partners, MFTaaS (Managed File Transfer as a Service) etc. are a few of the key solutions