With over 30+ years in the very large-scale integration (VLSI) design industry, powered by 35 patents (granted and filed) globally, Wipro is a pioneer in VLSI design services. Our VLSI team leverages partnerships with leading IP providers, electronic design automation (EDA) vendors and fabrication houses. We use an in-house design methodology called EagleWision that supports tool flow combinations like those from Synopsys, Cadence and Siemens to provide flexibility for ‘first-time right’ design.
With long-term engagements with top semiconductor companies, OEMs and hyperscalers worldwide, Wipro has a wealth of experience in developing silicon-proven capabilities in digital, analog and mixed-signal designs in advanced technology nodes. We have delivered over 250 application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs)/system-on-a-chip (SOCs) with a high first-silicon success rate of over 96.5%.
Our services include:
- Development of base and derivative SoCs addressing broad domain areas (compute, automotive, wired/wireless networking, healthcare, IoT, AI) in a wide range of process nodes down to 4nm.
- SoC designs and verification using a wide range of CPU architectures (ARM M, R, A class, RISC-V, X86 and custom CPUs), supporting high-speed interfaces like PCI-E Gen5, DDR/LPDDR5, CXL and ethernet standards.
- Partition level and comprehensive chip physical design services across process nodes from 180nm through 3nm, with die-sizes up to 500mm^2 and frequencies exceeding 2.5Ghz.
- Analog mixed-signal (AMS) design, verification and layout, specializing in high-speed serial and die-to-die interconnects and power management blocks.
- Design for test services for various industries, including automotive domains.
- Register-transfer level (RTL) development and ASIC/SoC verification through some of the most advanced verification methodologies like SV-UVM.
- Test chip development enabling customer designs for newer process nodes.
- Emulation services that utilize platforms from three major EDA providers and field programmable gate array (FPGA) validation services with custom FPGA and rapid prototyping FPGA platforms.
- Post-silicon functional/electrical validation with in-house labs and silicon productization services leveraging OSAT partners.