Client: The world’s largest networking company
Services: The client designs, manufactures, and sells networking equipment. The company’s current portfolio of products and services is focused on three market segments: Enterprise and Service Provider, Small Business, and the Home. Its collaborative services include voice, mobile data, and voice applications. These applications are suitable for desktop computers, tablets, mobile phones, desktop virtualization, and more.
Geographies: Over 65 countries globally
Revenue: Over $45 billion
- Developing and installing an IP67 switch that provides a rugged and secure switching infrastructure in a harsh environment
- Target customers were Industrial Ethernet applications, including factory automation, intelligent transportation systems, substations, oil and gas installations
- Hardware architecture to be leveraged from existing products, without a major change in the software framework
- External access was required for SD card still meeting IP67 requirement
- Product to withstand extremes in temperature, vibration, and shock.
- All products to be tested in the production line to confirm the IP standards
- Wipro was involved right from the product requirement document (PRD) finalization up until the product launch to the market.
- The design, development, testing and launch of the product was completely owned by Wipro.
- Mechanical design, hardware, software, diagnostics, manufacturing, various testing means (MDVT, EDVT, Thermal testing, IP testing, pre-compliance n etc.) was executed by Wipro
- Mechanical and IP67 issues were resolved timely without the schedule being impacted
- IP67 and environmental testing was performed in-house at Wipro lab
- Different mounting scenarios were supported based on various installation scenarios
- IP testing on all the products in the production line was enabled by installing an air leak tester
Enhanced Customer Experience
- Customers’ first ruggedized switching platform that complies with the most demanding IP67 industrial standards
- Able to provide a solution for manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, mining, transportation, and other industrial worksites
- Customer also awarded many end-to-end hardware product development projects to Wipro.
An edge over the Competetion
- Our Partner was able to offer a product that competitors couldn’t offer
- Entered new market segments
- Advanced features supported with lesser product cost
- The revenue from the product was more than $5 million/Year
- Customers who installed this product also installed other products which resulted in increased revenue from other products