- Client name: Leading drug manufacturer.
- Industry: Healthcare/Pharma.
- Products: Drugs.
- Geography: Global
- Total annual revenue: $9B and 30K employees.
The client did not have accurate data up to 2020, which led to ambiguity in accurately determining the loss of exclusivity (LOE) dates of branded drugs, causing delays in generic drug launches. Also, much effort was wasted on non-value added activities like gathering data pertaining to branded drugs and validating it. Besides, the client faced challenges with process and system inefficiencies in its IP business unit—including non-standard templates and deliverables and unclear roles and responsibilities of IP stakeholders leading to high operating costs.
Wipro delivered a unified IP data model to improve data quality and availability with a long term IP roadmap strategy. We also created an IP process document to eliminate overall operational inefficiencies caused due to non-integration of systems, unavailability of accurate data, and inefficient IP processes.
The critical aspects of the solution included:
- Developing a conceptual data model, logical data model, and a physical data model to deliver a unified data model.
- Identifying system landscape and current processes to elicit an as-is state.
- Gathering requirements to identify major pain points.
- Designing an effective roadmap to achieve a target system and process state i.e., target solution and to be processes.
- Defining an IP roadmap strategy that included 10 initiatives to pursue digital transformation.
Through this program, the client gained the following benefits:
- Process excellence.
- System integrations to avoid manual interventions.
- Better monitoring and tracking.
- Intuitive process workflows.
- Automated processes.
As a result, the client improved its time to market and envisioned risk mitigation strategies for its generic drug launch.