Client: Leading US based consumer electronics retailer
Products or Services: PCs, home appliances, network devices, IoT and connected devices, etc.
Geography or Areas of operations: Global
The lack of digitization rendered the client’s processes ineffective with the existing tools and workflows. In addition, without a knowledge base, the client was unable to gain control and insights on comparable data. High chargeback rates resulted in customer dissatisfaction and financial loss.
With over 100% volume variance between peak and non-peak demand, the client faced challenges in ramping up to meet additional demand during the holiday season. The company needed to ramp up over 500 resources during peak time, which meant additional time and cost implications.
Wipro’s solution included implementing a flex-core model and robust knowledge management practices. A standardized case resolution model was implemented to reduce the resolution time. In addition, various solution elements to streamline and make the processes efficient included:
- Advanced analytics on NPS, efficiency improvement and volume reduction
- Continuous improvements projects to reduce average processing time, error rate and transfer rate
- Continuous improvement driven by dedicated quality and Six Sigma experts
- Investment in advanced analytics, real time competitive pricing, fraud and chargeback root cause analysis
Through advanced analytics, standardization and efficiency enhancements, the client was able to realize several benefits:
- Over $10 million business value delivered
- $2 million revenue generated through cross-sell/ up-sell
- Improved first call resolution to 66.9% from 38.6%
- 7.5% reduction in transfer rate
- 13% improvement in email efficiency
- Reduced fatal error to 1.47% from 11.06%