Client: One of the top 5 global pharmaceutical companies
Areas of Operations: Markets in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, APMEA
Key Product & Services: Accelerating popularity and product usage among global customers
To meet and exceed industry benchmarks, the client needed more comprehensive coverage for its medical information call centers and service upgrades, including how calls, product quality complaints, and medical information inquiries are processed:
- Ensure at least 80% of calls are answered in 20 seconds or less
- Reduce abandoned call rate to less than 5%
- Sustain a quality score of at least 98%
- Achieve 100% timeline and training compliance
- Call in the professionals
We formed a team of experienced healthcare professionals (registered physicians, nurses, pharmacists) to refine the management of cases and their submission to the drug safety department. Serious cases are now processed and submitted within 12 hours of the initial receipt, non-serious cases within 24 hours.
- Optimize the review process
100% of inbound and outbound calls undergo a rigorous review process by healthcare professionals to ensure all assessments are accurate and all cases are complete and compliant.
- Regular, continuous updates
Subject matter experts have been assigned to keep team up to date on all relevant changes in this dynamic industry.
- Live responses to critical inquiries
Critical inquiries are routed to supervisors, who are always available, to provide callers with real- time guidance from an experienced representative.
- Standardize performance
Management conducts weekly and monthly reviews of the call center staff, along with quarterly updates and FAQs, to strengthen performance and ensure similar inquiries receive consistent responses.
- Reduced overall operational cost by about 30%
- First-time-right responses exceeded 98%
- Increased bandwidth with more experienced healthcare professionals. The client now has enough qualified people available to handle any sudden spike in call volume.
- Reduced turnaround time by submitting call intake information directly through an electronic data capture system. The new process enables the client to meet stringent regulatory timelines.
- Elevated quality standard through the implementation of a quality-on-quality layer
- Automated workflow and quality management for improved monitoring and analytics, feedback and trainings, documentation and development