- Client name or descriptor: A German multinational automotive corporation
- Industry type: Automotive
- Products, Services, or Core Business: Manufacturing of automobiles and commercial vehicles
- Geography or Areas of operations: Global
The client, highly regarded for the quality of its vehicles, is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and deals in the premium segment. As part of their Advanced Quality Analytics Program, they were looking for a solution that could consolidate their entire suite of applications for quality related data. They used to have 70% infrastructure running on dedicated physical servers, and there was no single interface to manage all those servers. The primary reason for this program was to focus on productivity improvements and cost reduction. There was a lot of scope to optimize by means of virtualization and re-platforming.
The client chose Wipro for this task because of their expertise in PaaS and a high level of competency in German language. Wipro took over the support on computing, storage, network, operating systems, monitoring tools, database, middleware, security, and analytics. They successfully migrated the infrastructure from high operations cost to low. Availability compliance was met throughout the project milestones. Further optimizations were introduced in transformation approach from infrastructure element perspective. Wipro optimized the app layer and licensing and introduced automation and continuous innovation to the system. Wipro was also involved in designing and developing multiple new data warehouse solutions.
Aligning to the customer’s methodologies, SLAs, and services, Wipro employed the philosophy of continuous improvement and implemented the best practices, which led to the following outcomes:
- 40% ticket reduction
- 20% improvement in billing time
- 99% customer satisfaction improvement
- Platform consolidation to hyper converged platform
- Promotion of virtualization
- Right-sizing the resources (network, compute, and storage)
- Transforming traditional tape back-up to disc back-up
- Consolidated tools framework