- Client: A postal department in the Middle East
- Industry: Logistics / Courier / Parcel services
The client is a government owned postal services department and an exclusive provider of postal services in their country., The department embarked on a journey to transform itself from a traditional postal department into a digitally enabled, e-commerce friendly and future ready organization.
Traditional revenue streams from postal services and banking services began to decline with the increasing use of digital platforms for communications and banking operations. While postal volumes declined, there was a significant growth in parcel, courier and e-commerce volumes which the client wasn’t equipped to leverage.
Wipro partnered with the client to design and implement a transformation program to impact four key areas:
- Competition: How to compete in a marketplace with new age players, in both postal and financial services
- Customer experience: Improve customer experience for better service, consumer recall, loyalty, and recommendation
- Modernizing legacy platforms: Replace the proprietary and silo platforms with an integrated digital platform
- E-government initiatives: Adhere to the new regulatory regime and postal laws constituted by the government
Wipro helped the client in building a new age B2B and B2C e-commerce platform with a modern user interface that helped launch new and exciting services. This platform was launched in the market with an updated brand identity which helped the client in positioning better against the competition. The platform was a massive upgrade from their existing legacy applications and infrastructure. A new single window solution was built to provide regulatory services to citizens. The scope of services included building omni channel business applications across web and mobile, CRM/billing applications, enterprise management, analytics, and an API driven enterprise service bus.
The integrated solution approach has enabled the client to launch new and innovative courier, parcel and banking solutions to both B2C and B2B customers, creating newer revenue streams and consolidating the integral position the postal department enjoyed in the past.
- Revenue protection: The integrated systems ensure that a valid business customer having a valid contract is only serviced by the postal department. The systems will ensure that services will be provided and invoiced as per the terms mentioned in the contract.
- Real-time and omni channel view of the parcels across the network to the end retail customer, business customer, operators, and management.
- Brand new digital platforms that support launch of new digital services like pick up & drop and automated procurement process and integrated inventory management, resulting in no leakages and improving the bottom line.
Real time analytics dashboard that helps the senior management to make informed decisions on demand & supply.