- Client: A State Department of Justice
- Industry: Government
- Geography: Asia Pacific
Traditionally reliant on manual and labour-intensive processes, paper-based case files were error prone and often inaccessible during Board hearings. Inefficient multiple crosschecking and validation across legacy systems also contributed to higher operational costs.
A division of the Department of Justice and Regulation responsible for the operation of the state’s correction system, wanted a sophisticated case workflow system for parole to:
- Reduce the risk of incorrect decisions made due to inaccurate, untimely, incomplete and inaccessible information
- Improve the efficiency of parole operations to reduce efforts and costs
Wipro’s strategy to meet these objectives centered on eliminating incorrect decisions and ensuring the community stayed safe, and only deserving people were granted parole. To this end, we built an end-to-end Case management solution that managed parole applications by providing offenders’ details, comprehensive documentation and records, reporting, support, correspondence, review, and assessments.
An integrated multi-faceted offender viewing capability ‘Offender 360’ forms the cornerstone of the solution, providing significantly improved information and access for parole Board Members, when considering parole applications and events. The Offender 360 provides role-based, secured, remote access to offender documents and data, providing the user with ‘drill-down’ capability and multiple perspectives across an offender’s information.
The Offender 360 also allows Board Members to communicate and notarize amongst themselves and across the Secretariat adding to the offender body of knowledge. Structured automated checklists and intelligent forms delivered by the system further improve the accuracy and communication of parole operations.
This case workflow helped the client:
- Significantly reduce risk of incorrect decisions, improved efficiency and reduced cost
- Create a 360-degree view of a case
- Get access to a comprehensive audit trail of information captured at every stage of decision-making
- Provide greater visibility to managers and users in the cases that they oversee
- Eliminate data inaccuracies and take informed decisions easily
- Improve the overall experience for parole judges
- Integrate legacy systems to eliminate effort and duplication of data thereby achieving significant cost savings
"Wipro created PRISM to help the department get a 360-degree view of parole records - offender 360 offers users a comprehensive view of an offender's information enabling accurate and swift decision making. This new-age case management system is built on a secure and scalable platform helping provide a cost-effective solution to the client.”
– Ramesh H K, Global Head of delivery, Public Sector vertical, Wipro