The solution enables, provisioning of free ambulance Services to victim of accident and trauma on 24x7 basis since 1991 with the fleet of well-equipped ambulances and well trained manpower.
The control room is functioning 24 hrs. with a sophisticated ultramodern GPS-GIS enabled computerized system. Calls of accidents and medical emergencies are received through Tel and wireless network connected to the Police, fire Services, Disaster Management Authority, Govt. Hospitals and Govt Secretariat.
The organization that runs the application provides the ambulance services to all medical attention needing persons including transportation of pregnant women to the hospital and home after delivery ,completely free of cost
Client: Autonomous government organization
Geography/Area of Operations: India
Products/Services: Health care and trauma care/ Ambulance dispatch
Number of Ambulances: 300
The golden hour is the period of time following a traumatic injury during which there is the highest likelihood that prompt medical and surgical treatment will prevent death. While initially defined as an hour (60 minutes), the exact time period depends on the nature of the injury and can be more than or less than this duration. The proposed solution needed to address the following challenges to ensure that the treatment is provided within the golden hour.
- Delayed response to accidents because of lack of information
- Ambulances not having adequate facilities for patient transit treatment
- Ambulance drivers not aware of the nearest hospitals
- Ambulance drivers not knowing the shortest route with minimum traffic
- Basic treatment facilities not available in ambulances
- After the patient reaches the hospital a lot of time is wasted in collecting the vital statistics of the patient
Our solution is based on Wipro Smart i-Connect™ IoT platform. The platform has an inbuilt mobile asset management module, basic analytics and big data connectors, with more than 98 inbuilt protocols to directly interface with multiple devices, can be integrated with GIS engines, and has a data ingestion and normalization engine.
Wipro Smart i-Connect™ application dashboard is a single / common visualization dashboard for all reporting and a single point of tracking & monitoring.
The solution features include:
- Reporting of accidents to a centralized system / helpline
- Route guidance to ambulance drivers
- Monitoring patient’s vital statistics while in transit
- Transmitting vital parameters of the patient to the target hospitals before the patient reaches the hospital
- Preparing the hospitals with patient data before the patient enters the hospital
- Preventive maintenance of the ambulance by monitoring the consumable levels inside the ambulance
- Emergency and control center with integration with police, fire dept. etc.
- Identification of hospitals and specialty/multispecialty mapping
- Tracking of ambulances in real time with free / engaged condition along with driving pattern vehicle telemetry
Wipro successfully simplified the client’s core operation and the resulting benefits were as follows:
- Reporting of accidents to centralized system / helpline increased by 50%
- Quick identification of hospitals and specialty /multispecialty mapping
- Patient assistance during transit
- Quicker allocation of hospital
- Increase in rapid response efficiency by 50% with allocation of ambulance