Client: A leading airport in the Middle East
Area of operations: Aviation
Customers: 559 Flights, Over 2 million passengers
The airport’s IT and OT landscape were fraught with operational challenges, given the siloed operations for various systems. Multiple service desk teams and legacy systems combined with the lack of asset databases impacted inventory management and maintenance process streamlining. In addition, the lack of incident tracking mechanisms and SLA measurement systems made it difficult to transition out of the existing mix of in-house and local incumbent IT and OT organizations. Other challenges included legacy systems, End of Life (EOL) / End of Support (EOS) for certain systems and poor documentation which impeded the understanding of the system architecture.
As airport operations were critical, there was a need to transform the service management process and systems for 24X7X365 SLA based managed services for all IT and OT systems. Besides uptime SLA assurance and adherence at system / sub-systems level, improved response and resolution time were also critical to ensure minimal service outages.
Wipro’s comprehensive solution encompassed a wide range of services – from pre-assessment to implementation and support. The solution spanned over 60 systems across 8 terminal buildings and landside areas like parking, mosque, arrival & departure entrances, as well as air-side locations such as fire stations, fuel stations, power grid, water treatment areas, runways, and perimeters. The solution included:
- Risk free transition through proven transition framework
- Discovery, verification and creation of asset inventory database
- Integrated service desk for IT and OT systems across terminals
- Enterprise threat modeling through automation and orchestration
- Implementation of ITSM-based service management framework
- Implementation of governance system with vendor management and OCM
- Management of existing resources and resource ramp up / reskilling and training
- Transformation recommendations for improving operational efficiencies and service level for various OT systems including the need for MOC, AVI etc.
- EOL/EOS analysis and recommended refresh based on the analysis
- Adequate training for existing re-badging resources as per Wipro standards and SLA oriented support services
Wipro’s holistic solution enabled the customer to drive digital transformation aligned with its 2020 vision, helping to improve its processes, tools, security, and ultimately the passenger experience.
- Ensured rapid resolution support for critical tickets, resolving them in less than 40 minutes
- Enhanced OT monitoring of the airport’s direct digital data system such as ALCMS, EFS, PSS, WTP, HVAC, FAS, and service life cycle
- Streamlined terminal operations across Flight Information Display System (FIDS), Passenger Announcement Systems (PAS), boarding gates, Common Use Terminal Equipment (CUTE), Common Use Self Services (CUSS), and Baggage Reconciliation Systems
- Streamlined the physical security like multiple brands and models of closed-circuit television systems components, access control systems and biometric terminals
- Proactive maintenance of network and traffic lights located on the landside of the airport
- Enhanced project governance across all the functions, including quality and cross functional services