The semiconductor industry is one of the more cyclical sectors in the value line universe. During times of economic prosperity, the chip sector thrives thanks to increased spending on the corporate and consumer sides. However, during economic downturns, revenues come under pressure as corporate information technology budgets are pared and consumers hold off on purchasing the latest gadgets.
Considering these trends, an emphasis on Supply Chain Customer Service has been the primary focus for many semiconductor companies to maximize revenue by capturing the delivery needs of the customers while also improving operating margins by reducing logistics-related double-handling costs. One of the key aspects in supply chain optimization is visibility of real-time data for quick actions on critical deliverables.
Our client is a capital equipment company based in Milpitas, California. It supplies process control and yield management systems for the semiconductor industry and other related nanoelectronics industries. The company's products and services are intended for all phases of wafer, reticle, integrated circuit (IC), and packaging production from research and development to final volume manufacturing.
- A Voice of Customer (VOC) survey revealed that the client wanted a customized reporting view of the team’s performance on a real-time basis. The Avaya Call Management System (CMS) was on Wipro’s domain, and the customer did not have real-time visibility for on-the-floor performance. Reports were released on planned intervals, which meant issues were not detected as they occurred.
- No existing platform was in place to track and monitor the resolution time of customer concerns via the email channel.
- Wipro’s team created a new view in the CMS database for the dataset requested by clients including Pacific and PH (Philippines) time zones, half-hour interval time, split time, POS staff time, abandoned calls greater/equal to 90 seconds, and calls answered in 30 seconds. Wipro also leveraged the Power BI solution to enhance the Avaya reporting system.
- Wipro’s team also provided a BPM tool called Pipefy where email transactions are being managed and tracked to completion.
- Quick Refresh (directly connects with Avaya Database and updates at every 30 minutes).
- Real Time Publishing (Reports can be viewed on a web browser as well as the Power BI application, which can be accessed using a customer’s email address). The dashboard continued to provide insights when teams moved to work from home during COVID-19 pandemic, which has helped in effective remote governance.
- Quick Insights (This formula calculates from near-real-time data and populates in the customized dashboard per the client’s requirement).
- Automated BPM platform for email transactions that helps track email resolution times to ensure orders are delivered on time to end customers.
Customer Testimonial and Awards
“I am extremely happy with my ability to view the call data using Power BI. I have asked for a few changes, but the team is helpful and eager to make PBI access fit my needs. This is a powerful tool that improves Call Center management.” - Customer
For more information please contact email@example.com