Client: A multinational online hospitality corporation
Products or Services: Lodging
Areas of operation: Global
Number of users: Over 120 million
More than 120 million people worldwide use our customer’s online marketplace for accommodations, primarily homestays for vacation rentals and tourism activities. Due to the sheer volume, handling customer needs and identifying fraud can be challenging. They wanted to
- Improve average handle time (AHT) and turnaround time (TAT) of customer transactions.
- Address concerns about account integrity, payment frauds, offline risks, identity mismatches, and data labeling accuracy.
- Data matching and authentication of customer information.
- Reduce the number of violations involving Personally Identifiable Information.
Wipro leveraged its expertise in processes, technologies, analytics, and automation to help the client improve operational efficiency and financial risk handling.
Wipro team handled Trust Operations transactions of both, reactive and proactive, nature. This included performing proactive investigations aimed at preventing safety violations on the client platform, responding to users and addressing risk matters, and managing safety-related matters concerning offline (property security or personal safety) or online (payments fraud or account security) activities.
Wipro supported the client’s hosts, guests and users via phone, email, chat, and other mediums.
- Thorough investigation of client property authentication, suspicious account takeovers, and account integrity checks with Wipro tool for fake document detection -- Prime.
- Face match queue to verify compliance by comparing selfie and government identification to determine lister credibility. Automation tool proposed to client, where face match decisions will be made by the tool with 87% accuracy.
- Solutions for payment frauds, coupon abuse, incentive abuse, and chargebacks, among others.
- Dealing with third and fourth tiers of safety with a specialized high risk queue staff and tools for property checks. Look at bookings, listings, events, and background checks of hosts and guests to identify risks such as trafficking, sex work, terrorism, and violence.
- Providing flexible staffing with 24-hour operating windows for ID Ops and 18-hour windows for Trust Ops.
- Built PII, GDPR compliance into the process.
Wipro improved the client’s operational efficiency on many fronts, including customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Improved performance: The efficiency gain in the face match queue is equal to 18 full time equivalents (FTE).
- Enhanced customer experience: Reduced overall AHT across all queues.
- Greater efficiency: Gain of 54% in efficiency translates into 26 full-time FTE benefit in payments fraud queue.
- Fraud monitoring: Customer appreciation for business fraud trends identified by Wipro and published by the customer on a global scale.