Each week, 5 to 10 percent of the customer’s devices either went off-line, did not check in or were moved from the allocated physical location. These unexpected physical movements were impacting the client’s ability to maintain these devices and provide the right level of services. This was eventually resulting in loss of billings which is calculated based on the usage of the device. There was an immediate need to increasethe service levels, drive down costs, and maximize asset uptime, utilization and placement.
Wipro implemented a system that can provide near real-time visual display of the environment that shows the location of the devices being managed along with data associated with those devices.
- The solution combines integration, Big Data Streaming Analytics and in-memory data management from Software AG’s Digital Business Platform. Using webMethods, Apama and Terracotta, the client can now integrate, capture, analyze and respond to data captured by embedded sensors in remote printers at customer sites.
- In addition to an elegant user experience to view, filter, and drill down on details, it is integrated with a state of the art Big Data Streaming Analytics platform to provide real-time actionable analytics on about 1.5 million alerts per day.
- The solution captures and analyzes ~200K real-time alerts generated from printers and prioritizes these alerts through in-built custom rules.
- The alerts are stored in Terracotta in-memory management system to provide faster accessibility for immediate action.
- The solution leverages CEP to recognize alert patterns. The custom rules for prioritization of alerts are created in Apama
The client can graphically see and manage assets around the world, down to an asset’s location on the floor plan of a building.
- The solution enabled the client to monitor the global device footprint through a single visual map display
- The client now understands and can act immediately on real-time maintenance data
- The client witnessed 45% reduction in service maintenance calls from client’s end customer accounts, resulting in better CSAT and lower cost of maintenance
- Less service interruption from excessive use of devices
- Client was able to save 15% cost year-on-year and reduce the number of incidents over the last 3 years by 29% due to proactive maintenance, automation and permanent fixes