The global insurer, which was using proprietary Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) solutions for its business applications, was caught between a legacy platform on the one hand and high operating costs on the other. The legacy platform could not support OAuth integration and their new data formats. What the global insurer needed was an Open Source stack.
They had to standardize and seamlessly integrate more than 150 APIs and over 10 different systems they were using for their day-to-day operations across five insurance subdomains. The aim was to quickly address change requests, bring down efforts and the time-to-market and integrate business applications, while also reducing operating expenditure.
Wipro replaced the proprietary ESB solution with a more scalable, secure, light-weight and easily manageable integration platform built on Open Source stack leveraging JBoss Fuse Fabric. Wipro also ensured a seamless migration from the proprietary ESB web-based solution to the new integration platform.
We implemented API solution for the global insurer in key business processes such as customer engagement, loyalty services and customer care management.
Here are some of the engagement highlights:
- Automated deployment and testing of applications using Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins and Cucumber, which significantly reduced manual efforts through DevOps lifecycle and automated the testin process using behavioral algorithms
- Provided a comprehensive error handling mechanism to capture and report real-time application and system errors using Splunk tool
- Stemmed intermittent network disruptions with the new enhanced APIs Minimized manual intervention to reprocess the failed messages through in-process automation
- Enabled secure data transfer through digital encryption
Modernization of core IT systems enabled the insurer to be more agile, efficient, compliant and customer-centric.
- 33% reduction in time to market of various applications due to reduced development time
- Open Source based new integration platform slashed IT expenses by 25%
- 100% compliance check with real time tracking of development and testing processes using enhanced error handling mechanisms
- More reliable and secure data transfer via end to end digital encryption across key business processes, such as customer engagement, loyalty services and customer care management
“Wipro partnered with the client to understand their modernization needs. Our domain experts helped in seamlessly phasing out the global insurer’s legacy applications and brought in a robust Open Source solution that helped reduce their IT expenses. By reducing the time-to-market of different applications, we helped them with a potential revenue uptrend.”
Avanish Raut - Practice Head, Open Source Integration, Wipro Ltd.