Client: A multinational company based in Europe
Area of operation: Global
Products: Health products, electronics
Employees: Over 70,000
The client had sensitive data residing on the ServiceNow platform that was being decommissioned in accordance with ServiceNow’s cloud security policy. They wanted to retain the data stored in ServiceNow for reporting and audit compliance. The client decided to have the complete ServiceNow instance moved to their AWS.
However, the decision to migrate the data was made only close to the decommissioning date, leaving just around two months for the mammoth exercise of setting up ServiceNow application, DB schema, and lift and shift of more than 3 TB of data. Additionally, the client wanted to treat the migrated data as a new quality relevant application (QMS), which led to the overall platform being a validated platform with IQ, PQ and complete process of writing multiple documents, test scripts, reviews and approvals.
Wipro stepped in as the preferred ServiceNow and data migration partner and leveraged its in-depth understanding of the ServiceNow platform to conduct the exercise of setting up a new ServiceNow instance on client’s AWS and migrating large-scale data from ServiceNow instance to AWS in an extremely short span of time. The highlights of the solution include:
- Plan and execute infrastructure, validation and technical tracks (including workshops with OEM) in parallel to achieve the outcome in about 2 months
- Design and setup ServiceNow application components (application, database, storage etc.) on virtual machines on AWS
- Migrate the entire dataset from ServiceNow SaaS including schema to AWS instance
- Ensure data access to business critical users to maintain continuity
- Enable Intranet ServiceNow hosting with certificate, URL routing, DNS etc.
AWS was treated as any other virtual machine hosting service and all components such as database, DNS, application server and storage had to be configured to ensure the application was for non-SaaS environment.
Leveraging Wipro’s expertise and effective relationship with ServiceNow, the client was able to migrate more than 3 TB of database on ServiceNow cloud to client premises in AWS in a short span of two months.
The client was able to:
- Retain all the critical data in a very short span of time
- Ensure auditability of all records
- Store all sensitive records on AWS
- Limit access to a set of users to ensure greater safety and control
- Optimize data storage and handling costs with right sizing of the database
- Ensure compliance to healthcare industry regulations