Client: One of the largest financial services organizations based out of Europe and the UK
Industry: Wealth Management
Area of operation: Operates across 50 countries
Products: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management, and Investment Banking
Amongst the world’s leading global wealth management companies, the client offers an extensive suite of financial services. However, internally, the organization faced several issues with its existing Netcool legacy platform, which had been in use for over 15 years. Consequently, there were many challenges related to transformations, high alert volume, and multiple integrations. Some of the key challenge areas identified included:
- Transformation issues: Netcool, the legacy platform, had many rule files segregated on numerous servers.
- High ticket volume: Company was not able to manage the high-ticket volume during flood scenarios.
- Lack of cross-domain correlation: Frequent creation of problem tickets led to more outages and higher MTTR.
- Complex integrations were stumbling blocks.
To effectively address event consolidation and enable event flood control, the client required a partner with technical expertise and an insightful approach. With years of experience handling similar projects, Wipro was able to come up with best-in-class, customized industry solutions that addressed the client’s multiple challenges. Some of the key highlights of the solutions delivered were:
- Put a strong Architect team in place to enable much-needed custom integration that hitherto did not exist with the product. Further, the team refined the process to customize the solution according to the client’s business needs by implementing Auto Ticket Routing using AI-driven Event Management Moogsoft tool.
- Achieved event consolidation with an innovative bidirectional integration of ServiceNow with Moogsoft Event Management solution.
- Solved the issue of high-volume tickets by event correlation based on textual similarity.
Wipro’s Architect team again proved their technical expertise. They swiftly addressed multi-point issues that enabled scalability, controlled the ticket volume, and consolidated events by applying the right tools and customizing solutions in tandem with the client’s needs. Some of the key benefits realized were:
- Implemented a scalable platform through the re-usable integration of APIs and enrichment methods.
- Achieved effective event consolidation through an AIOps-driven Unified Service Operations platform, which replaced the legacy system’s siloed mode of operation from multiple consoles with a scalable, effective model.
- Realized a 90% responsive individual alert to ticket reduction and flood by reducing algorithmic noise and saw a decrease in ticket volume through entropy algorithms and situation-based workflows.
- Realized a holistic, customized solution through auto-ticketing and semi-auto ticketing
- Replacement of old ad hoc codes (capable of managing only simple ticket auto-routing) with highly customized ticket enrichment and routing capable of being altered with minimum touch and effort.
- Achieved less downtime, which ushered in multiple benefits, such as 2-way integration for auto-closing of tickets and situations, custom scripts for better operations, BAU activities, and better maintenance of tools. Using Train Ops to correlate events made it easier to track them. Additionally, the Operations team could focus on actual incidents for more significant impact and results.