Client: Multinational robotics organization
Industry: Engineering & Technology
Area of operations: 2,200 sites across 110 countries
Employees: Close to 150,000
Revenue: Close to US$30 billion (2019)
Digital transformation, the integration of digital technology into all areas of a business, fundamentally changes how an organization operates and delivers value to customers. With diverse businesses in electrification, process automation, robotics & discrete automation and motion, the customer was focused on driving innovation for a sustainable future. However, there were several challenges:
- The customer was unable to gain any visibility into user experience for over 65% of the applications and processes.
- 46% of tickets took more than 5 days to resolve. Onboarding, movements and exits comprising 21 individual service requests took 22 days for completion.
- The SLAs were outdated and hence there was no focus on user enablement such as user productivity, efficiency or engagement.
As the chosen partner to collaborate with the customer, Wipro’s tasks and processes to resolve these challenges included:
- Defined customer personas and conducted design workshops to define user enablement targets stressing on speed and ease of use for cycle time and ticket reduction
- Monthly effectiveness targets defined and set for service desk, engineering, and field services
- Enabled the customer in digital transformation to a new workspace with O365, Windows 10, and Windows servicing
- Wipro Digital Factories delivered end-to-end design automation
- User productivity enhanced considerably as cycle time reduction for key user impacting processes achieved at 85-99% for Joiners, Movers & Levers (JML) process.
- End-to-end design automation ensured robust quality processes across the development lifecycle resulting in lower costs and high-end user experiences.
- Zero-Touch change adoption program resulted in 45% increase in user efficiency with 48% conversations moving to chat mode
- 53% reduction in ticket volumes, with 81% related to endpoint incidents and requests
- 1.36 million hours saved with service request automation
- 99% Cloud Office adoption. Adoption of Zero-Touch change was successful and digital skills were imparted through gamified training provided by the service desk